Dragging pending orders/take profit/stop loss levels

Share your ideas how the software could be improved
tylerDurdenFX

Dragging pending orders/take profit/stop loss levels

#1 Postby tylerDurdenFX » Wed Apr 29, 2009 9:40 am

Hi,

I'd to request a simple and very helpful feature.

I use many limit orders in my testing and I modify their entry prices quite often too. What I do now is that I click on the corresponding pending order in the Pending Orders tab, hit F4 and then use the Pick up price tool - I click on the the price on the chart and then confirm modification by clicking on Modify Order. This works well.

The feature I'd love to see works as follows. I place a new limit order and let's say I want to modify the entry price before the order gets filled. I'd like to be able to double-click on the order directly on the chart (on the dash line, or on the word 'sell limit' or some any other marker) and then drag the entry price to a new location. Basically, the double-clicking would just activate the Pick up price tool without the need of going through the process I described above.

Similarly, dragging of stop loss/take profit levels would be done the same way, i.e. by double-clicking on corresponding markers on the chart.

I appreciate your comments.

Thanks,
Tyler

Terranin
Site Admin

Re: Dragging pending orders/take profit/stop loss levels

#2 Postby Terranin » Wed Apr 29, 2009 9:58 am

tylerDurdenFX wrote:Hi,

I'd to request a simple and very helpful feature.

I use many limit orders in my testing and I modify their entry prices quite often too. What I do now is that I click on the corresponding pending order in the Pending Orders tab, hit F4 and then use the Pick up price tool - I click on the the price on the chart and then confirm modification by clicking on Modify Order. This works well.

The feature I'd love to see works as follows. I place a new limit order and let's say I want to modify the entry price before the order gets filled. I'd like to be able to double-click on the order directly on the chart (on the dash line, or on the word 'sell limit' or some any other marker) and then drag the entry price to a new location. Basically, the double-clicking would just activate the Pick up price tool without the need of going through the process I described above.

Similarly, dragging of stop loss/take profit levels would be done the same way, i.e. by double-clicking on corresponding markers on the chart.

I appreciate your comments.

Thanks,
Tyler

Interesting suggestion, I will think about it for next updates.
Hasta la vista
Mike

Return to “New Feature Suggestions”