Add a "Go to Date/Time" dialog

Share your ideas how the software could be improved
plasmapelz

Add a "Go to Date/Time" dialog

#1 Postby plasmapelz » Fri Mar 20, 2009 8:01 am

I am frequently in the situation that I find something interresting in D1/W1 chart, at a certain date, and want to look at it more closely in H1/H4 chart. But when I flip to the H1/H4 chart, the respective date is elsewhere and I need to scroll all the way back and look for it.

Would it be possible to have a dialog "Go to Date/Time" that brings me straight to the point in the chart where I want to be? Or is this already there and I haven't found it yet...?

dackjaniels

#2 Postby dackjaniels » Fri Mar 20, 2009 8:54 am

Hi,
I would second this suggestion.
It is possible to move bar by bar in testing mode with all charts updating simultaneously and one can move fairly quickly through the charts if you move 1 daily, or 1 4hr bar at a time, however it is a little fiddly and one has to be in testing mode to do so.

I personally would appreciate a button to toggle a scroll lock on and off. When its locked the user could click on a chart and then move the scroll bar. This would result in the focused chart being scrolled and all other charts automatically scrolling in correct proportion, thus allowing smooth transition throughout the entire history in the chart at a speed proportionate with the chart currently in focus.

It may be possible for the to work in history mode too although the lack of generated ticks may prevent this.

My 2 cents :D

Regards,
Steve

EDIT: As an afterthought, if this would have to be done in testing mode I suspect CPU usage may be an issue due to the scrolling speed and the indicator/strategy updates so perhaps it could be implemented to work only when the testing is stopped, therefore no updates are required.

Return to “New Feature Suggestions”