Static Scale

Share your ideas how the software could be improved
xylicite

Static Scale

#1 Postby xylicite » Sat Nov 22, 2008 2:50 pm

Hi there, I have been using your product for over a year and would like to make a request. Would it be possible to make the scale or relative size a persistent thing? I have a hard time judging the size of a candle relative to its actual move in terms of price. For example sometimes a 1 inch candle on my screen could be 25 pips and sometimes a 1 inch candle could be 400 pips. this of course at the same level of zoom in or out.

I guess what would be cool is a toggle or check box for chart scale. If selected will make it static. This way the candles are relative in size to each other and price action. For example say if a candle, due to how far in you are zoomed, will be 1 inch tall for 100 pips and half an inch tall for 50 pips.

Thoughts?
rob

Terranin
Site Admin

Re: Static Scale

#2 Postby Terranin » Tue Nov 25, 2008 11:19 am

xylicite wrote:Hi there, I have been using your product for over a year and would like to make a request. Would it be possible to make the scale or relative size a persistent thing? I have a hard time judging the size of a candle relative to its actual move in terms of price. For example sometimes a 1 inch candle on my screen could be 25 pips and sometimes a 1 inch candle could be 400 pips. this of course at the same level of zoom in or out.

I guess what would be cool is a toggle or check box for chart scale. If selected will make it static. This way the candles are relative in size to each other and price action. For example say if a candle, due to how far in you are zoomed, will be 1 inch tall for 100 pips and half an inch tall for 50 pips.

Thoughts?
rob

After release of version 2.0.
Hasta la vista
Mike

Duffgen

#3 Postby Duffgen » Mon May 28, 2012 8:31 am

I am using 2.8.10.

The option to fix the scale is available, but is useful only if the Price Action is within those limits... Once the PA moves outside those limits, the candles disappear.

Is it not possible to fix the scale on the side of the chart as in MT4?

Thanks for a great product!

render8556

#4 Postby render8556 » Tue Mar 19, 2013 3:57 am

Yes, i strongly agree with this also.

For manual trading, its valuable to have the size of the bars in relation to actual pip distance remain constant.

Metatrader currently has a few key (and undocumented) features to make life very much easier...

- When a fixed price range has been set for the chart, its possible to move outside of it by dragging the chart with the mouse. Its a hard locked range in FT.

- Double clicking on the right hand axis in metatrader seems to center the chart and adjust the scale to something decent (id say 10 pips per cm would be great!).

- Metatrader once set keeps the scale fixed and doesnt adjust it.

Id say it would be very beneficial to get the chart scale to match mt4 behavior.. as it stands its very cumbersome to readjust the zoom or fixed values every time the price moves out of range. I have 9 charts in my project so they're not very tall, and this happens very often!

Another reason is that for short term scalping work, visually the literal distance is just as valuable as the shape of the charts.. This should not change!

Thanks for considering.

stic

#5 Postby stic » Tue Apr 07, 2015 8:28 am

Hi, I give a vote for this feature, very important for discretionary trading.

In summary, ForexTester should have a feature that ensures that the range = maxValue-minValue remains constant, even if maxValue and minValue can be altered by dragging the mouse pointer on the chart window.

Different ranges can be configured for different time frames, so that I could switch time frame on a chart window without readjusting the range. For example, the range for M30 could be 350 pips, while on M5, could be 100 pips.

Thanks for considering!

stic

#6 Postby stic » Tue Apr 07, 2015 8:55 am

An example of this feature is found in:
http://www.dailyfx.com/charts/tradingview?symbol=GBPUSD

Right-click on the vertical price scale, and choose "Lock Scale". Different scales should be remembered for different time frames.

Thanks!

Return to “New Feature Suggestions”