Any plans for functionality in FT for user to load own tick data

Share your ideas how the software could be improved
christoff

Any plans for functionality in FT for user to load own tick data

#1 Postby christoff » Fri Jun 22, 2018 9:28 am

Hi,

Currently, its quite easy to get free tick data from the internet. There are Tickstory, Tick Downloader, etc. which makes tick data accessible for a whole array of instruments.

I want to know if there is a chance that a future version of FT will give us users the capability to load tick data into FT without having to go thru the Paying Data Service options?

I know very little about the construction or inner workings of FT3, but I know that FT3 does store or can store tick data, which is different than example MT4 where tick are used to build the different time frame data but the tick are not actually stored.

Currently, the functionality to "Import from file" for time based time frame data already exist. It would be great to have "Import ticks from file" functionality as part of the Data Center.

This is rather an important feature that I would like to have, so I would like to have an indication of your future plans because it will determine how much effort I must further invest in FT as a trading tool.

Thank you

FX Helper

Re: Any plans for functionality in FT for user to load own tick data

#2 Postby FX Helper » Mon Jun 25, 2018 4:33 am

Hello,

Thank you for the questions.

Sorry, but as far as I know, we don't plan to add tick data import from a file in nearest time. Tick data can be download from our server (via "Update from server" button in Data Center) only.

Return to “New Feature Suggestions”