Crossing of EMA and RSI

Indicators coded by community members
djboom

Crossing of EMA and RSI

#1 Postby djboom » Wed Jan 16, 2008 2:49 pm

Hello, please, can You help me?

I only need to have a crossing of EMA 8 and RSI 8 at the same window in order to see the cross.
It is very complicated to add it to ferextester?
Thank You very much

Tantalus

#2 Postby Tantalus » Wed Jan 16, 2008 6:57 pm

An EMA (Exponential Moving Average) is a filtered price curve, but an RSI (Relative Strength Index) is a derived oscillator. They won't work together in the same window since they are on vastly different scales.

For instance, the price of the GBPUSD might vary between 1.0 and 3.0 over a very long time. At the same time, the RSI of that pair would vary between 0 and 100, so the crossings would only occur at the very bottom of the lowest swings of the RSI (extreme oversold condition). I don't think that's what you're looking for.

djboom

#3 Postby djboom » Fri Jan 18, 2008 12:57 pm

Sorry, I meant crossing of RSI and EMAof RSI, EMA(RSI).
Please, can You help me?

Tantalus

#4 Postby Tantalus » Fri Jan 18, 2008 9:25 pm

Actually, such a thing already exists, as the Fozzy indicator (designed for use with a system of the same name being discussed on either www.forexfactory.com or www.forex-tsd.com, I can't remember which..). It gives an RSI, and MA of that RSI, and also Bollinger Bands of that RSI, all in one window. You can find it here: http://forextester.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=776

If you set the MA Type to EMA, and set buffer colors 2, 3 and 4 to Transparent, it should give you just what you need...

djboom

#5 Postby djboom » Sun Jan 20, 2008 7:19 am

It is great
Thank You vey much

Return to “Indicators”