code indicator to capture screenshot each time a trade taken

Indicators coded by community members
panoramia

code indicator to capture screenshot each time a trade taken

#1 Postby panoramia » Wed Feb 12, 2014 3:34 am

I would like to create an indicator for Forex Tester that will save a screenshot of all trades taken by Forex Tester. ..

It would do something like this:

- It would take a snapshot of ENTRY moment, the whole Forext Tester screen, the format of the file would be something like this 1_PAIRNAME_ENTRY
- If possible, I would like to take a second screenshot on the EXIT moment, like 1_PAIRNAME_EXIT

Forex Tester told me that FT does not have any information about the status of a trade, so I don't know if we can detect if the exit was a loss or not. If it were a loss, I would like that filename should look like 1_PAIRNAME_EXIT_LOSS

Looking forward to your answer!
Regards,

FX Helper

#2 Postby FX Helper » Thu Feb 13, 2014 11:39 am

Hello,

Our programmer told you that FT INDICATORS have no access to the status of the trades. But we can write this indicator as a strategy and this strategy will monitor trades and will make screenshots when it will be necessary.

So this strategy will work like an indicator but it will be located in Strategies list instead of Indicators list, this is the only difference.

Please email us (services@forextester.com) if you are interested.

panoramia

#3 Postby panoramia » Fri Feb 14, 2014 1:08 pm

FX Helper wrote:Hello,

Our programmer told you that FT INDICATORS have no access to the status of the trades. But we can write this indicator as a strategy and this strategy will monitor trades and will make screenshots when it will be necessary.

So this strategy will work like an indicator but it will be located in Strategies list instead of Indicators list, this is the only difference.

Please email us (services@forextester.com) if you are interested.

If the strategy does what I want then yes. I would like to take a screenshot of the whole FT2 with all the charts every time a trade is open and closed. I sent you an email some days ago and no answer, this is why I wrote this message here. I also sent you more emails for 2 other indicators but no answer either, normally you reply with a delay of minimum 1 week.

I am interested, but communication is so slow that this could take ages to develop, just the feedback and learning if it's possible to build it is already 10 days.

Looking forward to your answer, you have my email already with that indicator and 2 more that I need

Regards

Return to “Indicators”