ATR Channels / MTF Moving Average

Indicators coded by community members
antman

ATR Channels / MTF Moving Average

#1 Postby antman » Fri Dec 23, 2011 5:21 am

Ok I know both of these you might be able to create using other indicators. But I would be willing to pay to have both of these indicators included in forex tester.

ATR Channels
(basically a custom period ATR channel with a couple of bands.)
MTF Moving Average
(even though you could make this effect using a higher MA on a short timeframe I would like to have a MTF Moving Average Indicator.)

below hopefully is a picture of the ATR Channels

where you can set the ATR period say 14 and have a number of ATR Bands around a definable moving average.
Attachments
5.gif
ATR Channel
5.gif (37.87 KiB) Viewed 8809 times

antman

file of indicator

#2 Postby antman » Fri Dec 23, 2011 1:29 pm

Here is the metatrader version of the indicator if that helps with understanding what I am looking for.
Attachments
ATR Channels.rar
ATR Channels
(1.04 KiB) Downloaded 645 times

KelvinHand

Re: file of indicator

#3 Postby KelvinHand » Fri Dec 23, 2011 6:51 pm

antman wrote:Here is the metatrader version of the indicator if that helps with understanding what I am looking for.

Here the FT version modified from Keltner.
Attachments
ATR_Channels.dll
(99.5 KiB) Downloaded 780 times

antman

Thanks

#4 Postby antman » Sat Dec 24, 2011 6:59 am

Thanks for your efforts KelvinHand. I am over the moon with the indicator it now means I can test a large part of my strategies in forex tester without risking real money on MT4. :D

I am also happy that you posted the indicator on the forum. So other traders can look at it and use it as a potential volatility indicator.

I am going to look into learning how to program myself as this is a skill that traders need to master in order to experiment with ideas and brush up on trading skills. So any advice from you all, would be greatly appreciated.

Return to “Indicators”