Monday Pivots Option

Indicators coded by community members
andrewp

Monday Pivots Option

#1 Postby andrewp » Sat Sep 11, 2010 5:00 pm

Hi there,

When I added Daily Pivots to a chart the other day, Mondays levels were much closer bunched together, which is fine. But when I re-loaded the same chart, the next time all the Monday levels seemed exactly the same as any other day.

I really want to have pivots that cause Mondays to be closer together, because of sunday hours etc.

Question 1: why would mondays be different when I first added the chart, but just like any other day when I re-loaded it the following day?

Question 2: How can I set-up daily pivots so that they DO cause Mondays to be more bunched up ( like they are live with London-based brokers)?

Thank you,

andy

FT Support

#2 Postby FT Support » Sun Sep 12, 2010 12:15 pm

Hello Andy,

Please try to shift imported data to get a few hours of data on Sunday (for example time shift = -2), after that you'll see Mondays levels much closer to each other.
Attachments
ShiftTIme.png
ShiftTIme.png (17.13 KiB) Viewed 12187 times
Check our other product here:
http://www.forexcopier.com

andrewp

#3 Postby andrewp » Mon Sep 13, 2010 12:06 am

Thanks, but I want my data to be GMT 0.

I live in London, I use FXCM UK, which uses GMT 0 data, so it seems inaccurate to shift the data in FX tester.

And when I first imported the data (using zero shift) the sunday correction showed up fine.

What I'd love is to have the data as GMT 0 plus allow for sunday hours in the monday pivots (AS FXCM UK does).

I 'll ry what you say but not sure it will do what I'm looking for. Is there a way to just get the pivots indicator to incliude the sunday hours for monday...?

Cheers

Andy

FT Support

#4 Postby FT Support » Mon Sep 13, 2010 3:23 am

Hello Andy,

now i see what you need.

I'd recommend you to use real FXCM data from our new data service. In this case you'll get eactly the same data as in FXCM. Please see attached screenshot.

FXCM data in our service starts from 01 Apr 2010, is updated daily and can be provided in M1 and Tick format. Starting from FT 2.6 you'll be able to download data directly into Forex Tester.

Data is provided based on paid monthly subscription, see pricing below:
-$20/month to get access to all M1 data of 8 brokers
-$30/month to get access to all tick data of 8 brokers

Available brokers are:

• FXCM
• Alpari
• FOREX.com
• FXDD
• FXOpen
• InterbankFX

If you wish to get the data then please do the following:

1) Download new Forex Tester version (FT 2.6) from here.
2) Install it. You can overwrite your current version with this one, but in this case we recommend to backup “data”, “Projects” and “Templates” folders from the previous installation.
3) Purchase data subscription:
a. Use this link to subscribe to M1 data:
https://usd.swreg.org/cgi-bin/s.cgi?s=4 ... &a=Service
b. Use this link to subscribe to tick data:
https://usd.swreg.org/cgi-bin/s.cgi?s=4 ... &a=Service
4) We’ll enable your access to data in next 24 hours
5) Launch Forex Tester 2.6.
6) Switch to the History Mode
7) Open Data Center (Tools -> Data Center menu)
8 ) Choose or create the currency pair
9) Choose the broker and press “Update From Server” button
10) Choose date range and data type
11) Click “Update” button
12) Re-generate ticks to prepare the data to Testing Mode

Let me know if you have any questions, I'll be happy to answer.
Attachments
SundaysData.jpg
SundaysData.jpg (317.26 KiB) Viewed 12176 times

andrewp

#5 Postby andrewp » Mon Sep 13, 2010 4:39 am

Ok, that's find I will do that to get the accurate, up todate data.

BUT... I still don't get why the history data you already supply, doesn't calculate mondays pivots using sundays prices? Or has there been some modification to the Daily Pivots to stop it doing that?

It did it when I first loaded the data - then next time I switched my machine on, it didn't. That's what's a puzzle.

Andy

FT Support

#6 Postby FT Support » Mon Sep 13, 2010 5:25 am

We did not change Pivot Points incicator. But it calculates Sunday only if this data is available.

Actually we changed only the time zone of our data, it was CET (GMT+1 in winter and GMT+2 in summer), now it is GMT during all year. Probably this confused you.

Arjumand

Re: Monday Pivots Option

#7 Postby Arjumand » Wed Jan 07, 2015 5:45 am

hello,
Thanks for the assistance rendered. Had replaced the old file with the new one. Tried it out and it works perfectly fine. Now I can finally get back to some good testing and execute my trading. Really appreciate the help. Will sure recommend my friends to get FT. ;)

We provide fast success 220-802 dumps exam by using our high quality comptia network+ prep resources.join www.bfit.edu dumps with Rasmussen College guarantee of network+ training success in Pittsburg State University

Return to “Indicators”