Round number indicator

Indicators coded by community members
flotsom

Round number indicator

#1 Postby flotsom » Sun Mar 21, 2010 8:32 am

Hi All,

Could anyone help with a simple indicator which would plot horizontal lines on the chart to show where the round numbers are.... 1.3100, 1.3050, 1.3200 for example?

I know you can draw these on manually, but it would be much easier if there was an indicator which could do it. If you know of one knocking around I could use, that would be great.

Thanks

Kcomplex

#2 Postby Kcomplex » Mon Mar 29, 2010 2:05 pm

I also would love to see an indicator of this kind on FT. its quite time consuming to plot all the lines manually and there is a simple indicator for mt4 that does these automatically. Would anything like this be possible?

another solution would be an option to show the price on the right axis in deviations of round numbers.

Thanks.

Stonev

#3 Postby Stonev » Wed Mar 31, 2010 12:09 am

Hello
I can help you, check your PM.

SATrader

#4 Postby SATrader » Sun Jun 20, 2010 6:12 am

I am also interested in a Round Number indicator. Do any of you mind posting the attachment. Will be much appreciated.

Thanks!

forexpenguin

#5 Postby forexpenguin » Tue Jul 06, 2010 2:06 am

hi there, I've just bought FT2 and wanted to see if anyone has had any luck coding this psych level indicator?

Ultimatus

#6 Postby Ultimatus » Sat Jul 10, 2010 4:52 am

I would also like to get a round number indicator, can anyone help?

Thanks!

Stonev

Demo RoundPrice

#7 Postby Stonev » Sat Jul 10, 2010 1:53 pm

Everybody can try a demo version of my indicator.
it's works only on USDJPY_60
For the full version, please contact with me: Stonev@yandex.ru
Attachments
RoundPrice.zip
(49.14 KiB) Downloaded 502 times
Last edited by Stonev on Mon Jan 12, 2015 12:39 am, edited 1 time in total.

b4gt

#8 Postby b4gt » Mon Jul 12, 2010 2:46 pm

I am currently working on this indicator and I even have a working dll. It is not completed as it needs the cleanup code and when it starts plotting it slows down bar processing. It displays without problem the round numbers but I don't know if anyone is interested in this buggy indicator. If anyone is interested I will post that dll here.

forexpenguin

#9 Postby forexpenguin » Tue Jul 13, 2010 12:54 am

b4gt wrote:I am currently working on this indicator and I even have a working dll. It is not completed as it needs the cleanup code and when it starts plotting it slows down bar processing. It displays without problem the round numbers but I don't know if anyone is interested in this buggy indicator. If anyone is interested I will post that dll here.

That would be good, thanks mate!

I'll have a look.

At the moment I have just reconfigured a fib indicator with 00 25 50 75 levels a few cents above and below price. Obviously it requires manual placement so it's not an optimal solution.

I can post that if people are after a quick fix in the meantime?

b4gt

#10 Postby b4gt » Tue Jul 13, 2010 2:02 am

I am posting here the .dll file together with the source code. I am not a good programmer and I spent an entire day to figure what is wrong with the code. This is a port for the same indicator I made for Metatrader. No cleanup code yet and this is my first indicator for Forex Tester. If anyone understands C++ and can figure out what is wrong please post here improvements.

The indicator has two options. Number of pips and color.
Number of pips is for how many pips the line should be plotted. For example in EUR/USD if number of pips is 500 then it plots 0, 0.0500, 0.1000 etc.
Color is for the desired color of the line.

It requires at least 30 bars in the chart to start plotting lines.

Again if someone can fix it or can make a better version in Delphi I will be happy to use it.
Last edited by b4gt on Sun Sep 18, 2011 4:11 am, edited 1 time in total.

b4gt

#11 Postby b4gt » Tue Jul 13, 2010 5:12 pm

I think I made it workable. :)

There is a change of approach. Since we are testing past data we already know what is the historical high and the historical low of the pair. So there is no need that the round numbers be calculated every time. We can enter them manually in the parameters window and the calculation will be done once.

Parameters:
Round numbers every:
every how many pips should the line be plotted
Maximum Historical Value:
What is the historical high that this pair has reached? It would be better to add a slightly higher number to allow another line to be plotted above the highest high
Minimum Historical Value:
What is the historical low that this pair has reached? It would be better to add a slightly lower number to allow another line to be plotted below the lowest low
Line Color:
The color of the plotted line

How to use it aka annoyances aka known bugs that I can't fix
Switch in testing mode and press Start Test. If you wish choose Start from the first date in range.
Then press Stop Test. There is no need to let it run for many bars. All we want is a running test.
Add the RoundNr indicator and input the options that you wish. The lines will be plotted.
Press again Start Test but now choose "Continue testing from last date (before disconnect)"
Enjoy

If you decide to change parameters on the fly don't. You must first remove the indicator and then add it again.

I hope you enjoy it and please post your comments and improvements.
Last edited by b4gt on Sun Sep 18, 2011 4:12 am, edited 1 time in total.

forexpenguin

#12 Postby forexpenguin » Thu Jul 15, 2010 12:21 am

Brilliant - Thanks for this mate! I'll have a look now...

b4gt

#13 Postby b4gt » Fri Jul 16, 2010 11:58 am

Dear all
I am uploading here the final version. I think now it works flawlessly as I intended at the beginning. That means I hope I fixed all the bugs that that I presented in the previous post. Also no need any more to enter manually historical high and low values. It starts plotting lines on the fly from 0 up to above the maximum value as prices unfold. You can change parameters without needing to remove and reload the indicator, even while the simulation is still running. I still noticed a little sluggishness if I let price run on its own while I sit back and watch it but I can't find what is causing that even if I searched thoroughly.

Anyway, I hope you enjoy it and please post any comments you may have.
Remember this is not a professional work so please be gentle with any bugs you might find.
Last edited by b4gt on Wed Apr 17, 2013 9:54 am, edited 1 time in total.

mindyR

error message / unsure

#14 Postby mindyR » Fri Jul 16, 2010 7:16 pm

Hi - I am very eager to try out your indicator - and my thanks in advance for creating it and posting it so generously.

I am confused about where to put the components though - I have put the RoundNr.dll in the Indicators folder, and am not sure about where to put the DEF and CPP files. The only other place I see those kind of files is Examples > Strategies > C++.

When I put the dll component into indicators (either by itself or with the other two components there as well, or with them in the C++ folder) I get an error message upon startup:

The application has failed to start because MSVCP100D.dll was not found.

When I pull your indicator out again, it restarts fine.

What am I doing wrong?

This was my experience working with the version you uploaded on July 13 and with the one you just uploaded on July 16 as well.

Thanks so much!!!
http://www.forexSmartTools.com
Developers of The Calculator and The Trade Log.
Trade Smarter - Not Harder

b4gt

#15 Postby b4gt » Fri Jul 16, 2010 11:06 pm

Hi. Thanks for your feedback. You only need the dll file. The def and cpp files are the source code for those who understand C++ and want to fix bugs or want to develop it more.

This is how I install the indicator:

File->Install New Indicator
In the box that appears I press the button with the three dots ...
Navigate to the folder where the dll file is
Click to that file then I press ok
Then I press install
If the indicator is already installed it asks me If I want to overwrite it. I press OK.
If everything goes fine it says "Indicator Installed" and it is ready to use.

I hope this helps you.

Edit
I see that I should have distributed that file you are missing with the indicator. You can try this file instead which is statically build so you don't need MSVCP100D.dll. Try it and tell me how it works. I tested it in another computer without that file and it works there so it should be ok
Last edited by b4gt on Wed Apr 17, 2013 9:54 am, edited 1 time in total.

forexpenguin

#16 Postby forexpenguin » Wed Jul 21, 2010 1:02 am

Hi there!

Thanks for all of your work on this!

I must be doing something wrong when I load it up, because I can only get this to work on USD/JPY...

Any thoughts?

b4gt

#17 Postby b4gt » Wed Jul 21, 2010 5:01 am

forexpenguin wrote:Hi there!

Thanks for all of your work on this!

I must be doing something wrong when I load it up, because I can only get this to work on USD/JPY...

Any thoughts?

Hi, can you provide more details please? Do you get any error message when you try to load it in another chart? In what time frame? Are sure you are using the indicator named RoundNr? Also if you press the button "List of Indicators" do you see it listed under the pair and timeframe that you are trying to test? Also keep in mind that it plots the lines when the first bar is displayed after the indicator is added to the chart.

mindyR

still having problem

#18 Postby mindyR » Fri Jul 23, 2010 3:17 am

Dear b4gt - thank you so much for your continuing efforts. Unfortunately, I am still getting that missing MSVCP100D.dll error message. I have downloaded your newest version, and followed your instructions:

This is how I install the indicator:

File->Install New Indicator
In the box that appears I press the button with the three dots ...
Navigate to the folder where the dll file is
Click to that file then I press ok
Then I press install

I get the error message just after the install finishes. Is this a separate component you can provide that would satisfy this? Thanks again!

Mindy
http://www.forexSmartTools.com

Developers of The Calculator and The Trade Log.

Trade Smarter - Not Harder

b4gt

#19 Postby b4gt » Fri Jul 23, 2010 6:13 am

My guess is that you might have the old file still in the indicators folder. Try to delete it and then install the new file.

If the error persist you should install the Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 Redistributable Package from here http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/deta ... laylang=en

It contains all the needed libraries to run programs created with their programming environment in C++. The file MSVCP100D.dll comes with that package.

If you don't want to install that package then simply copy the dll file I am attaching here in your C:\Windows\System32 folder. Maybe after this a system restart is required.

Let me know how it goes :)
Last edited by b4gt on Wed Apr 17, 2013 9:53 am, edited 1 time in total.

deetherjones

Re: error message / unsure

#20 Postby deetherjones » Fri Feb 11, 2011 3:06 am

mindyR wrote:Hi - I am very eager to try out your indicator - and my thanks in advance for creating it and posting it so generously.

I am confused about where to put the components though - I have put the RoundNr.dll in the Indicators folder, and am not sure about where to put the DEF and CPP files. The only other place I see those kind of files is Examples > Strategies > C++.

When I put the dll component into indicators (either by itself or with the other two components there as well, or with them in the C++ folder) I get an error message upon startup:

The application has failed to start because MSVCP100D.dll was not found.

When I pull your indicator out again, it restarts fine.

What am I doing wrong?

This was my experience working with the version you uploaded on July 13 and with the one you just uploaded on July 16 as well.

Thanks so much!!!

hi,
http://www.fix-all-dll-errors.com/msvcp100d.dll/

u can go to this site...this will help in case of missing or for downloading dll's or also if there is errors in dll's..!
I also registered few dll's from this site...worked in my case :)

MoogafPal

Round number indicator

#21 Postby MoogafPal » Wed Oct 05, 2011 4:19 pm

Has anybody got any experience with a good support and resistance indicator ?

I usualy draw them manually to the previous highs and lows but I am interested in getting an indicator to make the charts cleaner.

Upload if you please

piotr602

#22 Postby piotr602 » Mon Jul 30, 2012 4:32 pm

Hello

This indicator RN doesn't work in my forex tester 2.8 . I can install it but when i would like to run nothing happends. Please help. Anybody have a working RN indicator?

Steven Smith

#23 Postby Steven Smith » Thu Jan 17, 2013 2:04 am

I also would love to see an indicator of this kind on FT. its quite time consuming to plot all the lines manually and there is a simple indicator for mt4 that does these automatically. Would anything like this be possible?

Stonev

#24 Postby Stonev » Thu Jan 17, 2013 2:17 am

Like this?
yes, i have.
details by email or PM

Alexey
Attachments
SUPandRES.png
SUPandRES.png (13.59 KiB) Viewed 31194 times
Coding & Converting

JetFlaque

#25 Postby JetFlaque » Wed Feb 06, 2013 3:50 pm