Intraday Pivots

Indicators coded by community members
pmxgs0

Intraday Pivots

#1 Postby pmxgs0 » Tue Aug 04, 2009 1:13 pm

Hi,

would it be possible to create a pivot indicators which calculates the pivot levels based on intraday periods, for example 6hr.
I'm trying to create this but since my experience in programming is alsmost zero I am having a lot of trouble in this.
Since the daily, weekly pivots already exist maybe the option to create the pivots based on intraday periods is relatively easy.

Any advice or help on how to do this would be greatly apreciated.

thanks

FT Support

#2 Postby FT Support » Wed Aug 05, 2009 12:32 pm

Hello,

Please try attached indicator. I made it in rush so I cannot guarantee that it works perfectly. But you can test it and tell me if it has any problems.

Regards
Attachments
PivotPointsIntraday.zip
You can specify any value between 1 and 24 in "Period (hrs)" parameter.
(49.72 KiB) Downloaded 990 times

pmxgs0

thanks

#3 Postby pmxgs0 » Wed Aug 05, 2009 4:25 pm

FT Support wrote:Hello,

Please try attached indicator. I made it in rush so I cannot guarantee that it works perfectly. But you can test it and tell me if it has any problems.

Regards

Hi,

thanks very much.
It's working fine.

Regards

irwinki2006

Pivot Indicator

#4 Postby irwinki2006 » Mon May 17, 2010 2:59 pm

Do you have a way to take out Sunday's data when calculating pivots?

I tried to attach the .ex4 file to show how my indicator allows to take out Sunday's data. If you'll send me an e-mail I can send you the file to take a look at.

Cheers, Irwin

Terranin
Site Admin

Re: Pivot Indicator

#5 Postby Terranin » Wed May 19, 2010 11:21 am

irwinki2006 wrote:Do you have a way to take out Sunday's data when calculating pivots?

I tried to attach the .ex4 file to show how my indicator allows to take out Sunday's data. If you'll send me an e-mail I can send you the file to take a look at.

Cheers, Irwin

If you do not use shift in our historical data - there will be no sunday's data. If you shifted data and remove part of it on sunday, how do you expect pivots to be correct? (if you miss part of the data)
Hasta la vista
Mike

Return to “Indicators”