I don't understand why anyone would use this

Indicators coded by community members
Boom

I don't understand why anyone would use this

#1 Postby Boom » Sun Aug 28, 2016 7:08 am

Seriously, this is nothing but junk. The only thing you COULD have had going for you was free data, but you charge for that.

With NinjaTrader being FREE and the use of TickStory to get free tick data from dukascopy, you have a completely FREE option to back test with real historical data. Not to mention the massive community that already uses it and the thousands of indicators and strategy systems already coded for it.

Not to mention, there are hundreds of people willing to help you convert your EA's for free.

Don't waste your money on this junk.

FX Helper

Re: I don't understand why anyone would use this

#2 Postby FX Helper » Mon Aug 29, 2016 10:42 am

Hello,

Sorry, but why do you think that our program is a junk?

Forex Tester allows setting any speed of testing so you can test years of historical data for just a few minutes-hours, also can pause testing and move back in time during testing.
Our software is much powerful than any trading platform in case of backtesting.

And we also provide historical data for free, you can always download them here:
http://www.forextester.com/data/datasources

In addition, you can import historical data from from a file into our program and use these data for testing.
So you can use free data in our program too.

Boom

#3 Postby Boom » Wed Aug 31, 2016 5:07 am

All this you can do with NinjaTrader, speed up, slow down, forward testing, backward testing, pause.

Plus you don't have to stretch the application window to span multiple monitors, open a new chart and bam, move to a different screen, no need to stretch the application window.

Your free data is not tick data, you can get free tick data from dukascopy for over 10 years.

You prevent people importing their own tick data so you can sell your tick data, and I doubt the data is clean. For the price you charge for data, you can get more accurate tick data from dedicated data providers for less cost.

The programming help files for NinjaTrader is much more.

If you want people to purchase the application for the price tag you have set, then you support and help files better be much better, and you should help your customers, not just extract money from them.

The forum is littered with spam posts, no one is home here. Looks very bad for the business.

FX Helper

#4 Postby FX Helper » Tue Sep 06, 2016 10:46 am

Hello,

The option to move the charts outside the program window will be added in the next Forex Tester version that will be released on September 15.

Our tick data are completely valid and have a good quality. Why do you think that data from dukascopy have better quality? Have you compared the data?
Can you please post some screenshots where it is seen that their data are better? Thanks.

You can find the API Description in the Examples folder in the Forex Tester folder, these API can be used for creating almost any indicator or strategy.

To make our program better can you please write the list of suggestions to us to email support@forextester.com so we can try to add them in the further Forex Tester versions?

As for the spam, we clear the forum regularly, probably we are just too popular.

Return to “Indicators”