Trading history editing

Ask general questions about the software
sqaguru

Trading history editing

#1 Postby sqaguru » Fri May 13, 2016 11:04 am

Is there a way to edit trading history in a project to remove some of the trades?

FX Helper

Re: Trading history editing

#2 Postby FX Helper » Mon May 16, 2016 4:46 am

Hello,

You can export the trading history into a text file or into Excel.
Then open this file, remove unnecessary orders, then import these trading history as a statement via the Statement processor.
Statement processor can be found in Tools -> Strategies List menu

sqaguru

#3 Postby sqaguru » Mon May 16, 2016 11:41 am

Hello,

Thanks for your response. I enabled the StatementProcessor strategy, but I don't see a "Tools -> Strategies List menu". I see only the menu item "Strategies List" which opens the list. How do I import the trading history as a statement? Thanks.

FX Helper

#4 Postby FX Helper » Wed May 18, 2016 7:42 am

Hello,

To add the file you need to double-click on the "StatementProcessor" in the list of strategies, then select the file and click "Apply" button.
Then check that "StatementProcessor" is enabled and start a new test.

sqaguru

#5 Postby sqaguru » Wed May 18, 2016 2:46 pm

I tried this after having exported history from Forex Tester and verified that there was a file created. When I got to the part in Statement Processor where I have to find the file, it could not find the file (does it expect a file of different type than exported from Forex Tester??). I then opened the Forex Tester history file in Notepad and re-saved it as a *.txt file. After this, Statement Processor was able to find the file, but it had a "File processing error". When I hit Apply, there was an application error. Seems like a Catch 22 situation...

What am I doing wrong? Thanks.

FX Helper

#6 Postby FX Helper » Thu May 19, 2016 7:19 am

Hello,

Please to open the file, delete the first string, save the file and import it into the program again.

If this doesn't help please send the file to us by email so we can try to help.

sqaguru

#7 Postby sqaguru » Thu May 19, 2016 3:00 pm

Deleting the first row string got rid of the errors. However, when I clicked on Apply, the history in FT didn't change to reflect the contents of the statement file. My understanding was that if I exported history, edited the exported history file to remove some trades and then used Statement Processor to import the edited history file, the history in the file would replace the history currently in FT. Please explain/clarify. Thanks

FX Helper

#8 Postby FX Helper » Fri May 20, 2016 5:56 am

Hello,

When you import the history into the program via the Statement processor then you need to start a new test from the beginning.
And when the current date and time of testing is the same as the date and time in the file, the order will be placed.
So you need to run the testing from the beginning so our program can place all orders from a file.

Please send the statement to us by email so we can check what is wrong.

sqaguru

#9 Postby sqaguru » Fri May 20, 2016 2:02 pm

That resolved the issue. Thanks!

wowzers

#10 Postby wowzers » Wed Nov 02, 2016 8:56 pm

I dont see StatementProcessor in the list of strategies...where can I find it?

FX Helper

#11 Postby FX Helper » Sun Nov 06, 2016 7:30 am

Our programmers haven't added the StatementProcessor EA into FT3 yet, so it can be found only in FT2 at the moment.

wowzers

#12 Postby wowzers » Sun Nov 06, 2016 11:51 pm

FX Helper wrote:Our programmers haven't added the StatementProcessor EA into FT3 yet, so it can be found only in FT2 at the moment.

Do you have an estimated time as to when it will be added to FT3?

wowzers

#13 Postby wowzers » Tue Nov 08, 2016 12:15 am

FX Helper wrote:Hello,

When you import the history into the program via the Statement processor then you need to start a new test from the beginning.
And when the current date and time of testing is the same as the date and time in the file, the order will be placed.
So you need to run the testing from the beginning so our program can place all orders from a file.

Please send the statement to us by email so we can check what is wrong.

Ok...I tried with FT2 and had the same issues as the OP but am still recieving the errer when I try to upload statement even after deleting the first line of the statement!

how do I rectify this so I can begin using this ?

wowzers

#14 Postby wowzers » Wed Nov 09, 2016 11:51 pm

Helloooooooooooooooooooo?

This forum is consistently reminding me of a ghost town. Not getting a reply from mods for days on end.

Return to “General Questions about FT”