Buy Stop orders and fill price

Ask general questions about the software
sqaguru

Buy Stop orders and fill price

#1 Postby sqaguru » Thu May 05, 2016 7:38 pm

When a buy stop (or Sell Stop) order is placed, for example, 2 pips above resistance, if the limit price level is hit, the order gets filled at the ask price (current price + spread). Does Forex Tester 2 support an order type that places an order to buy at a limit price, once prices hit the trigger price. For example, I place an order at price A, that when price A is reached, an order is created to buy at price A (if and when the ask reaches A).

FX Helper

Re: Buy Stop orders and fill price

#2 Postby FX Helper » Fri May 06, 2016 4:15 am

Hello,

Yes, pending order are placed in Forex Tester program using the same rules as the trading platforms.

For example, you place a buy stop order, when the Ask price reaches the price of the buy stop order, buy order with the same price will be placed.

sqaguru

#3 Postby sqaguru » Fri May 06, 2016 11:24 am

I'm sorry, but this is not how Forex Tester 2 works now. If a buy stop order is placed at price A, when A is hit, a buy order at the Ask price is placed. The Ask price at that time is A + spread, so the execution is higher by the amount of the spread. Any plans to fix this?

FX Helper

#4 Postby FX Helper » Sun May 08, 2016 7:13 am

Hello,

Please see the screenshots.

I placed a Buy Stop order at 1.39291 price and it was opened at 1.39291, so it was opened at the Ask price like it should and not at Ask + A price.
Attachments
market.png
market.png (7.67 KiB) Viewed 5021 times
pending.png
pending.png (4.67 KiB) Viewed 5021 times

Return to “General Questions about FT”