scaling in or out

Ask general questions about the software
clockwork71

scaling in or out

#1 Postby clockwork71 » Mon Jun 11, 2007 6:08 pm

Is it possible to take partial profits when you hit your price? I dont see this, and it seems that its all or nothing, because if you say buy 100k, and try to close position, you can only close 100k. Selling 50k actually opens up a seperate trade.

Terranin
Site Admin

Re: scaling in or out

#2 Postby Terranin » Tue Jun 12, 2007 8:39 am

clockwork71 wrote:Is it possible to take partial profits when you hit your price? I dont see this, and it seems that its all or nothing, because if you say buy 100k, and try to close position, you can only close 100k. Selling 50k actually opens up a seperate trade.

At this moment it is not possible but we have this feature in plans for next builds.
Hasta la vista
Mike

clockwork71

#3 Postby clockwork71 » Wed Jun 13, 2007 8:23 am

Thank you, so far....that's the only real downside to this software I see. So far I have to say it's been the best money I have thrown at Forex so far. Keep up the good work!

Terranin
Site Admin

#4 Postby Terranin » Wed Jun 13, 2007 8:29 am

clockwork71 wrote:Thank you, so far....that's the only real downside to this software I see. So far I have to say it's been the best money I have thrown at Forex so far. Keep up the good work!

Thank you for the good comment about our software. :)
Hasta la vista

Mike

Tantalus

#5 Postby Tantalus » Wed Jun 13, 2007 6:15 pm

I simulate closing part of an open position by creating an opposite position of the amount I wish to close. For instance, if you have a long of 10 lots and you'd like to close half of it, just open a new short of 5 lots. Then, when you want to close the other half, just close both the original long and the 5 lot short at the same time.

The downside is that you pay the spread on both sides, but for testing purposes, it's not a bad way to go...

Return to “General Questions about FT”