Projects?

Ask general questions about the software
steveshutts

Projects?

#1 Postby steveshutts » Wed May 02, 2007 2:03 am

I am a bit uncertain as to how the projects functionality works. Let me outline what i want to do.
I generate tick data for 2003-2006. I then perform some manual backtesting on this with a certain strategy. I get through 3 months of data and then save this with a certain project name. When i disconnect from Testing Mode, m current position is saved. Is this associated with this specific project?
Say, for example, i now want to start from the beginning of the test data, ie Jan 2003 with a different strategy. I reconnect and choose to start from the beginning. I backtest this for 2 months and decide to stop and save the project.
Now, i want to reopen the original project and start off from where i stopped before. Is this possible and how do i do this?

Terranin
Site Admin

Re: Projects?

#2 Postby Terranin » Thu May 03, 2007 3:47 pm

steveshutts wrote:I am a bit uncertain as to how the projects functionality works. Let me outline what i want to do.
I generate tick data for 2003-2006. I then perform some manual backtesting on this with a certain strategy. I get through 3 months of data and then save this with a certain project name. When i disconnect from Testing Mode, m current position is saved. Is this associated with this specific project?
Say, for example, i now want to start from the beginning of the test data, ie Jan 2003 with a different strategy. I reconnect and choose to start from the beginning. I backtest this for 2 months and decide to stop and save the project.
Now, i want to reopen the original project and start off from where i stopped before. Is this possible and how do i do this?

Sure it is possible. You can save first project as "Project 1" for example, then start from the first date, do something and save as "Project 2". When you decided to continue testing first project then you loads "Project 1" and continue. The same with "Project 2". And you can save unlimited number of projects and give them any name you want.
Hasta la vista
Mike

steveshutts

#3 Postby steveshutts » Fri May 04, 2007 7:23 am

Cheers Mike

Return to “General Questions about FT”