Saving current project

Ask general questions about the software
steveshutts

Saving current project

#1 Postby steveshutts » Fri Apr 20, 2007 4:18 am

When does the application save all your current project details regarding open positions, pending orders, profits etc. I am assuming that this is saved when you disconnect, ie go back to Edit Mode?
I had a problem today, where the application froze when i tried to add a moving average to one of my screens. When i tried to select a colour, the dialog box froze and that was it, the program hung. Unfortunately, there was no other way but to end the application via Task Manager and when i restarted i had lost all my trades that i had put on since i started testing today. Not a complete nightmare as i had only completed one weeks worth of testing but it did concern me. What if i had been working all day to lose all that backtesting information.
Is there a way i can manually save all the details as i go along? I don't want this to happen again.

Terranin
Site Admin

Re: Saving current project

#2 Postby Terranin » Fri Apr 20, 2007 9:31 am

steveshutts wrote:When does the application save all your current project details regarding open positions, pending orders, profits etc. I am assuming that this is saved when you disconnect, ie go back to Edit Mode?
I had a problem today, where the application froze when i tried to add a moving average to one of my screens. When i tried to select a colour, the dialog box froze and that was it, the program hung. Unfortunately, there was no other way but to end the application via Task Manager and when i restarted i had lost all my trades that i had put on since i started testing today. Not a complete nightmare as i had only completed one weeks worth of testing but it did concern me. What if i had been working all day to lose all that backtesting information.
Is there a way i can manually save all the details as i go along? I don't want this to happen again.

Project is saved automatically when you press Disconnect button. Then you can continue testing.

But you can save projects manually with File -> Save project and later you can open saved project with File -> Open project.
Hasta la vista
Mike

Return to “General Questions about FT”