Data Files Location

Ask general questions about the software
steveshutts

Data Files Location

#1 Postby steveshutts » Wed Apr 18, 2007 3:31 am

I have loaded Forex Tester onto my C Drive along with all my other programs. The data folder is also located here but once i have loaded all my required tick data into this area, it will be using quite a lot of disk space. I would really like to specify another area on another drive for this information but still keep the application itself where it is. Is this possible?
If not, must i reinstall Forext Tester on another drive? I don't want to clog up all my C Drive space with data files.

Terranin
Site Admin

Re: Data Files Location

#2 Postby Terranin » Wed Apr 18, 2007 10:31 am

steveshutts wrote:I have loaded Forex Tester onto my C Drive along with all my other programs. The data folder is also located here but once i have loaded all my required tick data into this area, it will be using quite a lot of disk space. I would really like to specify another area on another drive for this information but still keep the application itself where it is. Is this possible?
If not, must i reinstall Forext Tester on another drive? I don't want to clog up all my C Drive space with data files.

You should reinstall the program, at this moment you can not change data folder location.
Hasta la vista
Mike

Man

#3 Postby Man » Wed Apr 18, 2007 11:46 pm

steveshutts wrote:If not, must i reinstall Forext Tester on another drive? I don't want to clog up all my C Drive space with data files.

I myself installed the program on drive D to specially created folder D:\Program Files\

mohammadparsa29

#4 Postby mohammadparsa29 » Sat Apr 09, 2022 8:05 am

same issue on fx 5 it crashes becouse of large forwarding candels and wanted to shift the data to ssd but its not large enough to share both application an data

Return to “General Questions about FT”