Loading template onto other tf charts

Ask general questions about the software
wowzers

Loading template onto other tf charts

#1 Postby wowzers » Tue Oct 20, 2015 9:12 pm

I have loaded many indis onto a template. However, I cant seem to load that template onto a another chart that has a different tf. How do I do this without having to make up the same template for every single tf?

FX Helper

Re: Loading template onto other tf charts

#2 Postby FX Helper » Wed Oct 21, 2015 4:08 am

Hello,

All components of this template need to be added to all necessary timeframes.
In this case when you save this template you will be able to add it on other charts, change timeframe of this chart and template will be there.

wowzers

#3 Postby wowzers » Wed Oct 21, 2015 6:59 am

That means I have to make new templates one by one?
That seems highly inefficient

FX Helper

#4 Postby FX Helper » Wed Oct 21, 2015 8:57 am

Hello,

No, just make one template.
But when you add all components of template one by one please activate all necessary timeframes in "Timeframes" tab.
In this case all components will exist on all timeframes so you will be able to add these template on the charts with any timeframe

wowzers

#5 Postby wowzers » Sat Oct 24, 2015 6:36 pm

FX Helper wrote:Hello,

No, just make one template.
But when you add all components of template one by one please activate all necessary timeframes in "Timeframes" tab.
In this case all components will exist on all timeframes so you will be able to add these template on the charts with any timeframe

How?

Whenever I change timeframe in tf tab it displays the selected tf without the indis i loaded on. The indis I loaded stay on the original tf!

FX Helper

#6 Postby FX Helper » Tue Oct 27, 2015 4:23 am

Hello

Please add a new chart, then add the indicators and other graphical instuments one by one to this chart.
While adding, please activate all necessary timeframes in "Timeframes" tab of eahc indicator.
Save these indis and graphical instruments as template.

Then you can add this template on any chart and the template will be shown on all timeframes (which you selected when adding the components) of this chart.

wowzers

#7 Postby wowzers » Thu Oct 29, 2015 11:11 pm

FX Helper wrote:Hello

Please add a new chart, then add the indicators and other graphical instuments one by one to this chart.
While adding, please activate all necessary timeframes in "Timeframes" tab of eahc indicator.
Save these indis and graphical instruments as template.

Then you can add this template on any chart and the template will be shown on all timeframes (which you selected when adding the components) of this chart.

Thanks for the directions but that doesnt solve the issue. Basically I want to pick any timframe and then load a template and have the indis apply to that timeframe that chart is on any no other timeframes. I want to be able to open 3 different windows, each with a different tf and have the same indis loaded into each window as a complete template.

If I follow your above exampleit would load multiple instances of indis onto a window for the other tf that I will not be using for the timeframe.

Is there anyway to do what I am asking? It should be a basic feature of templates I think

FX Helper

#8 Postby FX Helper » Fri Oct 30, 2015 6:26 am

Hello,

In Forex Tester each indicator on a different timeframe is a different indicator.
So if you want to add a template to M15 timeframe, for example, this indicator should exist on M15 timeframe when you save it.

If you want to have indicators only on 3 timeframes, add indicators to these 3 timeframes and save them as template.
So these indicators will not be added to all timeframes, only to 3 of them.

Or create 3 templates, one template for each timeframe

Return to “General Questions about FT”