I can only test one currency pair at a time

Ask general questions about the software
ClauKa

I can only test one currency pair at a time

#1 Postby ClauKa » Wed Aug 05, 2015 7:31 pm

Here is my current situation:
Lets say I finish downloading data from a broker on a currency pair (e.g. CAD/USD) then download a second set of data for a different currency pair (e.g. EUR/USD). After its complete when I go to testing mode the last downloaded currency pair will be available for testing (in this case only EUR/USD would show up in testing mode and CAD/USD will not be available). How do I test multiple currency pair in forex tester when it won't allow me to download and access data for multiple currency pairs? How of fix this issue?

Thanks for the help.

FX Helper

Re: I can only test one currency pair at a time

#2 Postby FX Helper » Thu Aug 06, 2015 4:35 am

Hello,

If you want to test a few currency pairs in Testing Mode at the same time then you need to generate ticks for these pairs at the same time.

Please go to History Mode, open Data Center, click "Generate ticks" button, select necessary pairs and click "Generate" button.
After this please go to Testing Mode, add charts via File -> Add New Chart menu and start a new test.

colyd0g

#3 Postby colyd0g » Tue Nov 10, 2015 2:27 pm

i have done this but it no longer seems to work?

FX Helper

#4 Postby FX Helper » Wed Nov 11, 2015 5:10 am

Hello,

It works, you just need to download historical data for each pair separately, then click "Generate ticks", activate all necessary pairs and generate ticks for them.

And you will be able to test all these pairs in Testing Mode.

watson7tyler

#5 Postby watson7tyler » Tue Dec 08, 2015 6:52 am

FX Helper wrote:Hello,

If you want to test a few currency pairs in Testing Mode at the same time then you need to generate ticks for these pairs at the same time.

Please go to History Mode, open Data Center, click "Generate ticks" button, select necessary pairs and click "Generate" button.
After this please go to Testing Mode, add charts via File -> Add New Chart menu and start a new test.

Hi Mate

Thanks for the information.

Return to “General Questions about FT”