ideas 4 changing from large timeframe to a small timeframe?

Ask general questions about the software
virgil

ideas 4 changing from large timeframe to a small timeframe?

#1 Postby virgil » Sun Apr 05, 2015 11:32 am

Using FT2. While in Test Mode and the testing is set on Pause: Is there an efficient way to get back to a candle when switching from one timeframe to the next timeframe.

Here is an example:

While in Test Mode: I set Time Frame to 1 Hour and then I set the Testing Time Frame that is located left of the slider to 1 Hour.

I turned testing on and then paused it. Then I set up a Sell Stop along with its associated Stop Loss and Take Profit figures. Then I restarted the Testing and in a single hour bar I was stopped out.

I wanted to see exactly at what time my Sell Stop was triggered and at what price action occurred prior to when my Stop Loss was triggered.

In the hour bar that I was trading I could not see the details for the same hour bar that I set the trade was the same hour bar that I got stopped out. The Bar was March 26, 2001.

Then I decided to choose a smaller timeframe to view what had happened. When I selected the 5 minute timeframe, the entire chart shifted back to Jan 1 2001.

I had to scroll with the mouse wheel until I got back to the March 26 time candles in the 5 minute timeframe before I could see what the price action had done that caused me to get stopped out.

It took so long to just continuously scroll the mouse wheel to get back to March 26, I was wondering if there is another way to change from date/time location in a large time frame to the same date/time location in a smaller time frame and not have to scroll on the mouse wheel continuously for 5 or 7 minutes?

FX Helper

Re: ideas 4 changing from large timeframe to a small timefra

#2 Postby FX Helper » Tue Apr 07, 2015 4:59 am

Hello,

This issue with moving chart should be fixed in next forex Tester version.
For now you can open two charts - with 1H timeframe and 1M timeframe. And you can open orders on 1M timeframe, in this case you will see the exact open time of order.

virgil

Re: ideas 4 changing from large timeframe to a small timefra

#3 Postby virgil » Tue Apr 07, 2015 11:05 pm

Thx for the reply FX Helper. I look forward to the fix. Just a passing comment, I have seen a similar problem in plain old MT4 while trying to do backtrading practice.

Return to “General Questions about FT”