How can I test my EA in Demo Version?

Ask general questions about the software
DiggerOfTruth

How can I test my EA in Demo Version?

#1 Postby DiggerOfTruth » Fri Nov 21, 2014 5:18 pm

I cannot find out how to test my EA in the Demo Version. Is there a way?

FX Helper

Re: How can I test my EA in Demo Version?

#2 Postby FX Helper » Mon Nov 24, 2014 8:57 am

You can use custom experts in Forex Tester but they should be written in Forex Tester format.
If you have them in different format, these experts could be rewritten by a programmer into Forex Tester format using Forex Tester API libraries (we have Delphi and C++ API for writing indicators and EAs).
You can find API files in <Forex Tester folder>\Examples folder.
Please see more information about API here:
Forex Tester -> Help -> Strategies API
viewforum.php?f=8
viewforum.php?f=9

You can create/rewrite EAs by yourself or we can find a good programmer for you, just let us know.

If you need programmer’s help, please send these experts to email services@forextester.com so we can show them to our programmer and check if it is easy to convert them into Forex Tester format.

redrhinofx

#3 Postby redrhinofx » Tue Mar 10, 2015 8:18 am

What was the reason for not supporting mql format since its so close to c++ and many traders/developers already have their projects in this format?

Wouldn't it make sense to boost the user base by simply supporting a format that already dominates the fx market. Your platform UI copies MT4 and I was rather shocked to see that it doesn't simply load ex4 files for backtesting.

Why not support it? , Will you ever support it? Or offer an alternative/bridge/ or converter ?

FX Helper

#4 Postby FX Helper » Tue Mar 10, 2015 12:38 pm

Forex Tester and MT4 platform have different formats so .ex4 indicators and experts will not work in Forex Tester without conversion.

For now we provide API files (they are similar to MQL language) which allow to convert MQL files into .dll files for Forex Tester.

Later we plan to add MQL files support or create an automatic coverter but it is very difficult to implement

SurtiTrader

#5 Postby SurtiTrader » Fri Mar 27, 2015 2:14 am

Mostly Demo accounts are best for the newbie to take basic knowledge on Forex trading without any risk. Demo account is simply best for learning forex trading.

Return to “General Questions about FT”