Only one pair is running

Ask general questions about the software
Andreas

Only one pair is running

#1 Postby Andreas » Tue Nov 04, 2014 3:09 pm

Hi,

I downloaded the history and generated ticks for three pairs: EURUSD, GBPUSD, AUDUSD

When I go the Testing Mode and hit "Start Testing", only GBPUSD starts running. AUDUSD and EURUSD don't move at all although I have the charts open.

How can I solve this problem?

FX Helper

Re: Only one pair is running

#2 Postby FX Helper » Wed Nov 05, 2014 7:22 am

Do you see "No Data" message on AUDUSD and EURUSD charts?

It is ok that Forex Tester shows “No Data” in Testing Mode. It is just the result of the previous test but if you did not do any test before on some currency pairs it will show “No Data”.
You just need to start a new test to replace “No Data” message with quotes. Do not forget to unpause the testing.

But if you started a test and the chart is still empty then probably you have different data periods for different symbols. For example, you may have data for AUDUSD starting from 01.01.2001 and data for GBPUSD starting from 01.01.2002, in this case when you start a test GBPUSD chart will be empty until the testing date reaches 01.01.2002.

So please start a test from the date where you have data for all pairs or please import more data in Data Center and re-generate ticks.

Andreas

Re: Only one pair is running

#3 Postby Andreas » Fri Nov 07, 2014 1:02 am

They all didn't have the same history available, that was the problem. Thank you.

Return to “General Questions about FT”