Issue with Swap Long/Short digits

Ask general questions about the software
juandata

Issue with Swap Long/Short digits

#1 Postby juandata » Sat Sep 27, 2014 11:17 am

Hello Forextester community, I bought yesterday Forextester, but I haven´t been able to use the software since Swang long/short is impossible to customize as the default digits my broker charges me. Let me explain myself:

When I go to symbol properties I have to change Swap long/short values for EUR/USD. I trade in Dukascopy and the swap they are charging me is -0.11 (pips) long and 0.04 (pips) short of the amount traded, so I have to change Swap lon/short this way:

Swap Long: -0.000011

Swap Short: 0.000004

You can see the swap values in this webpage: http://www.dukascopy.com/swiss/e/forex/ ... overnight/

But I cannot do this, when I try to use this settings forextester only allows maximum amounts of four digits e.g: 0.0001/-0.0001 even after changing the variable -Digits after point- from 4 to 5 digits.
That will mean that the swap dukas charge me will change from -11 USD to -100 USD when long and from +4 USD to +100 USD when short EUR/USD (I usually trade 1 millon units and sometimes more). That will change a lot my results since I trade many lots per day. Please help me because if I cannot change this settings this software will be useless for me and I will have to ask for the 30 days of money back guarantee and I do not really want to do that since I want to to test some ideas and the best way is using this software.

I hope you can help me with this, thanks.

Juan David Tabares Arce
Forex trader, Currency Strategist
http://www.dukascopy.com/fxcomm/profile ... e=juandata

FX Helper

Re: Issue with Swap Long/Short digits

#2 Postby FX Helper » Mon Sep 29, 2014 6:25 am

If you set Digits after point=5, Swap long=-0.1100, Swap short=0.0400 then Swap value will start from 0.4 USD.

If you set Digits after point=6, Swap long=-0.1100, Swap short=0.0400 then Swap value will start from 0.04 USD.

So please set necessary Digits after point value and you will have proper swap values.

Do not forger to re-generate ticks after you change symbol properties so you can see these new settings in Testing Mode.

juandata

#3 Postby juandata » Mon Sep 29, 2014 3:00 pm

Thank you so much for your help.

So far I haven´t been able to make my first backtesting since when I generate ticks I get an error message.
Please take a look at the bug report attached.

It seems to happen when I am going to generate ticks in a long period of time (4-5 years of data).
This is the message:

These are my system properties:

Could you please help me. I really want to start using this software. :shock:

Juan David Tabares Arce
Attachments
System.png
System.png (238.43 KiB) Viewed 5990 times
bug_1.png
bug_1.png (39.71 KiB) Viewed 5990 times
Bug Report.rar
Bug report.
(8.52 KiB) Downloaded 184 times

FX Helper

#4 Postby FX Helper » Tue Sep 30, 2014 2:57 am

Hello,

When Forex Tester tries to get an access to the file something refuses this access.

We think this problem can be caused by an antivirus or other software of this type.

Do you use any antiviruses on your computer? If yes, please check its settings and allow Forex Tester to work, for example, without intervention of antivirus (add Forex Tester to trusted programs).
Or please disable antivirus and other programs for a while and try to use Forex Tester (you can, for example, disable new software one by one and try to find a problem).

Also please try to launch Forex Tester as administrator (right click -> run as administrator).

Return to “General Questions about FT”