Testing Mode On The Freebie FT2 trial Version.

Ask general questions about the software
nu2this

Testing Mode On The Freebie FT2 trial Version.

#1 Postby nu2this » Mon Jul 14, 2014 7:47 pm

Hi,

In the free version I can see four pairs listed: USDJPY, EURUSD, AUDUSD. I assume that all historical data has been performed and wishing to try to run a test, I select a pair and switch to test mode. In the upper left corner of the screen (New Project)-]Profit Chart] appears along with a dialog box in the middle of the screen saying >Data Ctr > select symbols desired and press generate tics button. I do this for GBPUSD. After completion I return to Test mode but do not see My selected pair. I also cannot perform a test for any pairs.

I'm really confused, can anyone help?

FX Helper

Re: Testing Mode On The Freebie FT2 trial Version.

#2 Postby FX Helper » Tue Jul 15, 2014 2:41 am

Hello,

Which operating system do you have on your computer?

If you want to see the currency pair in Testing Mode you need to download historical data for this pair and after this generate ticks for this pair. If you want to test a few pairs at the same time you need to generate ticks at the same time for these pairs.

Please read this instruction about how to download data: http://www.forextester.com/import.html and how to generate ticks: http://www.forextester.com/ticks.html
These instructions should help you to resolve this issue.

Let me know if you still have problems with using Forex Tester.

nu2this

#3 Postby nu2this » Thu Jul 17, 2014 8:49 am

Hello,

I am using win 9 pro. Thanks for the links. I re-read them and am making some headway. It looks like the demo model is limited in that it only will go back in time for 1 month for testing purposes. Is that correct?

Never the less, thank you for your help.

FX Helper

#4 Postby FX Helper » Fri Jul 18, 2014 3:23 am

Hello,

Yes, demo version of Forex Tester allows to test only 1 month of data at once.

Please let us know if you have any questions about Forex Tester or need any help.

nu2this

#5 Postby nu2this » Mon Aug 18, 2014 9:22 am

Thanks everyone for your input, I've gone ahead and purchased the registered version. Everything is fine so far but I'm sure questions will come up later on. I'm glad this forum is around to rely on.

Thanks again.

Return to “General Questions about FT”