FT2 data for backtest in MT4

Ask general questions about the software
zola320

FT2 data for backtest in MT4

#1 Postby zola320 » Thu Jul 04, 2013 3:33 pm

I want to test my EA with the 1M data from FT2. I run two tests the first After I imported just the 1H data in the history center of MT4 ( my strategy is designed to work on the 1H chart ). The next test was the same timeframe but with 1M data also imported. Why do I get so much better results with the 1M data imported.

Thank you

P.S. My strategy works with new bar open.

FX Helper

#2 Postby FX Helper » Fri Jul 05, 2013 7:04 am

Hello,

We don't know how your strategy works (probably it is sensitive to price chages) but with more precise data it will show results, which are much closer to reality. So try to test all your strategy on data, which are as accurate as possible (1-minute or tick data) and try to avoid testing with other data.

zola320

#3 Postby zola320 » Fri Jul 05, 2013 4:29 pm

FX Helper wrote:Hello,

We don't know how your strategy works (probably it is sensitive to price chages) but with more precise data it will show results, which are much closer to reality. So try to test all your strategy on data, which are as accurate as possible (1-minute or tick data) and try to avoid testing with other data.

The strategy is not price sensitive. It opens positions at bar open and I dont use trailing stop. I dont understand why there is so much difference. The results with the 1H data should be equal to the one with the 1M. :? But anyway thank you ;)

Return to “General Questions about FT”