Question about "Export history to file"

Ask general questions about the software
schwarzerpeter

Question about "Export history to file"

#1 Postby schwarzerpeter » Sun Jun 09, 2013 4:31 pm

Hello. When i Save my history as an excel file... is it maybe possible to save the comments as well? If not would it be possible to add this feature in the future?

FX Helper

#2 Postby FX Helper » Fri Jul 05, 2013 7:02 am

Hello,

Unfortunately, Forex Tester doesn't have this feature but we add it in the next versions of the program.

wiz3003

Re: Question about "Export history to file"

#3 Postby wiz3003 » Mon Dec 08, 2014 8:57 am

Goodmorning,

I have just bought the lastest version but it seems this feature wasn't yet implemented. May you confirm please?

Eventually do you know any other way to track different entries based on the same setup which I can export to an excel file?

Thank you

wiz

FX Helper

#4 Postby FX Helper » Mon Dec 08, 2014 10:19 am

Hello,

This feature hasn't added into the program yet.

What do you mean by saying "different entries based on the same setup"? Can you please give an example?

wiz3003

#5 Postby wiz3003 » Mon Dec 08, 2014 12:48 pm

FX Helper wrote:Hello,

This feature hasn't added into the program yet.

What do you mean by saying "different entries based on the same setup"? Can you please give an example?

Let me say I am a discretional trader who is testing a particular setup (i.e.: range BO). I would like to compare for the same setups different entry rules (pre-emptive entry, first pullback etc.) in order to measure what are the performances of these entries.
In order to avoid mistakes I need to move just one variable at time (in this case the entry rule) and keep all other parameters constant (in this case the setups). My idea was to comment my orders with different strings but because FT2 doesn't export comments to excel I can't rebuild later during my analysis the different types of entries.

Have you any idea how I can achieve this goal?

Thank you for your prompt reply ... very appreciated.

ciao

wiz

FX Helper

#6 Postby FX Helper » Wed Dec 10, 2014 7:57 am

Hello,

Current version of Forex Tester doesn't allow to export comments with trading history.

So for now you need to highlight orders manually, for example, take some notes in Excel or notepad when you opening orders. That's all I can recommend you at the moment.

brokeMike

#7 Postby brokeMike » Thu Dec 11, 2014 1:39 am

comments are obviously import to testing and I too look forward to getting them exported.

Return to “General Questions about FT”