Privacy Policy?

Ask general questions about the software
auspicious

Privacy Policy?

#1 Postby auspicious » Wed May 08, 2013 4:13 pm

Hello I am new here, and I am strongly considering purchasing the ForexTester2. However, I need to know what the privacy policy is. For example, If my latest strategy is generating billions (make that "trillions") of dollars :) then is my strategy and my trading on the software going to be completely private?

Let me put it this way...is it all done locally on my computer? And does this program communicate in anyway back to the people who are selling the software? What I am really wondering is if these people selling this software are able to copy stratagies that people work for years to develop, by monitoring their software.

If the answer is a complete NO, (meaning there is not any contact between what I do with the software and the sellers...so that they can not monitor my activities in any way) then I would really like to buy this. If I can't somehow see that in writing then I would have no part in this.

Please tell me where i can find a privacy policy, in writing so that I can make a decision. thanks very much for your time!

auspicious

no replies?

#2 Postby auspicious » Thu May 09, 2013 10:44 am

I just want to say I hope that didn't sound rude or demanding. I just think it might be important if I were to ever figure out how these markets work. (i am course am a beginner now, but who knows...?)

If nobody does answer I have to say that I would be a little bit worried. What if some trading firm wants to test on this simulator but has very proprietary ways of trading? I know that some trading platforms like "tradestation" guarantee privacy in writing, while others such as "alpari" actually tried to hide it from me... it took hours to get them to fully admit that they could view my monitor, and any information at any time they wished. The point is....that privacy is a major issues these days, and it should be posted in writing.

Anyway i think its a legitimate question.

Thanks for taking time to answer please. :?:

FT Support

#3 Postby FT Support » Thu May 09, 2013 1:24 pm

Our software is 100% private, it will not send any information to us or to other people.
Sometimes it may ask you to send a “bug report” if the software crashes but the bug reports do not contain any personal information and you decide if you want to send them or not.
Check our other product here:
http://www.forexcopier.com

auspicious

thanks!

#4 Postby auspicious » Thu May 09, 2013 1:47 pm

Thank You! I actually already bought it while waiting :D

Return to “General Questions about FT”