How to export data from Forex Tester?

Ask general questions about the software
KingKaivar

How to export data from Forex Tester?

#1 Postby KingKaivar » Mon Dec 10, 2012 11:13 pm

Is it possible to export candle + indicator data from Forex Tester?

I basically import tick data into Forex Tester 2 and add the indicators I want to use. I'm looking for an easy way of exporting this data (e.g. high, low, open, close, indicator values) out so I can look at it under a spreadsheet.

Any help appreciated.

FT Support

#2 Postby FT Support » Tue Dec 11, 2012 12:00 pm

Hello,

It is possible to export candles (please use "Export" button in Data Center) but it is not possible to export indicator values.
Check our other product here:
http://www.forexcopier.com

FxTrader451

#3 Postby FxTrader451 » Sun Jun 09, 2013 11:07 pm

Hi Guys,

How can I export Forex Tester tick data files in CSV format?

Thanks

FX Helper

#4 Postby FX Helper » Mon Jun 10, 2013 10:38 am

Hello,

If you have separate VIP Data Subscription you can download and export tick data via separate program "Live Tick Data Client". You can download this program here: http://livetickdata.com/Files/DataClient_Setup.exe This program allows to download and export data into .csv format. Also note that you can't download both data in Forex Tester format and in .csv format under same Data Subscription, because each of these subscription put some load in our servers so if you need data in both formats then you can buy Data Subscriptions two times.
Last edited by FX Helper on Wed Jun 12, 2013 5:17 am, edited 1 time in total.

FxTrader451

#5 Postby FxTrader451 » Wed Jun 12, 2013 3:47 am

FX Helper wrote:Hello,

If you have separate VIP Data Subscription you can download and export tick data via separate program "Live Tick Data Client". You can download this program here: http://livetickdata.com/Files/DataClient_Setup.exe. This program allows to download and export data into .csv format. Also note that you can't download both data in Forex Tester format and in .csv format under same Data Subscription, because each of these subscription put some load in our servers so if you need data in both formats then you can buy Data Subscriptions two times.

Hi,

Thanks for the reply.
I have a VIP account.

Please confirm there is no way to convert the tick data I have already bought and downloaded into csv format?

Doing what you suggest seems strange as it will double your server load.
Seems much less load on your server to just convert what I have already downloaded into CSV?

I'm happy to download a program to do this so the conversion load is on my PC.

Please note the link you provided does not appear to work.

Thanks,
FxTrader451

FX Helper

#6 Postby FX Helper » Wed Jun 12, 2013 10:06 am

Hello,

I fixed the link, now you can download this program.

Yes you are right, but unfortunately Forex Tester doesn't allow to convert downloaded tick data into .csv format at this moment. Maybe we will add this feature later.

Return to “General Questions about FT”