FT not useful for manual traders

Ask general questions about the software
derwisch

FT not useful for manual traders

#1 Postby derwisch » Fri Feb 17, 2012 8:42 pm

Hi,

I own FT2 for quite a time now but I use it very seldom since it simply provides not much value for me who is trading manually. Which is quite sad because FT is advertised for exact this utilization.
Today I decided to run FT again the first time for some month and I was hoping that things that bothered me may have been fixed but it seems it is business as usual. But maybe I just got some things not right and there are indeed solutions available meanwhile.

What prevents me to to use FT is mostly:

1) I - and actually most traders I know - use different profit levels for a trade. But there is no option to set several profit levels once you are in a trade. I had waited a long time for the implemention of partial profit taking and the only thing what got implemented was partial close as a market order. This isn't doing the trick and I cannot simulate my trading. The only thing I can simulate with FT is my Entry, but we all know that entry is just one part of trading. So I stopped using FT at all when I read that no further implementation regarding multiple take profit orders is planned.

2) At least once in a while I'd like to take advantage of the history of FT. But even then I am having a hard time. For example I wanted to look at a 1min chart on a specific day back in 2007 today. As soon as you
- decrease/increase the chart scale the chart jumps back to the last date in 2012
- change the timeframe again the chart jumps to the start

Have you an idea how annoying it is to scroll to a specific date in a 10yr database and as soon you need to scale in/out or change the timeframe you have again to find / scroll to the specific date?

Sorry if this sounds a little pissed but I really don't know what to do with this program if you are not interested in algo backtesting.

FT Support

#2 Postby FT Support » Sat Feb 18, 2012 6:56 am

Hello,

Thank you for your notes! I hope that we'll manage to fix these issues in the nearest time (at least issue #2)
Check our other product here:
http://www.forexcopier.com

Makai

#3 Postby Makai » Mon Aug 20, 2012 6:56 am

You can manually open multiple positions instead of one.
If you get a trading setup, instead of opening 1 position with 0.5 lots and 2 profit levels, you open 2 positions with 0.25 each (if your strategy is 50:50 for 2 positions) and each order can have their individual take profit. Easy.

Phil_Trade

#4 Postby Phil_Trade » Tue Aug 21, 2012 2:21 am

FT Support wrote:Hello,

Thank you for your notes! I hope that we'll manage to fix these issues in the nearest time (at least issue #2)

we can already do this #2 if we disable autoscroll button !
my live account - 8 based pairs with optimized parameters : +188%
http://www.myfxbook.com/members/Philipp ... jpg/519044
TradeSlide : http://bit.ly/14R9Nf6

to be informed about Windev/MT4 services : a04486-tradingsignal@yahoo.fr

wowzers

Nothing to do with auto-scroll

#5 Postby wowzers » Thu Jul 25, 2013 1:04 am

Issue #2 still needs to be dealt with.

dfumagalli

#6 Postby dfumagalli » Tue Aug 06, 2013 7:25 am

Hello,

while we are in the topic of manual trading, there's a relatively easy to implement feature that would make FT 10 times more valuable to all us discretionary traders.

The feature would do this:

1) Select a random currency (of course in those with an history)

2) Select a random date, possibly with the option to specify a minimum of months past the beginning of history (so we can draw support lines etc, starting at day 1 does not let us do that).

3) Show the chart at that date. At this point we can do a lot of exercises with real yet "unknown" price bars.

I know that as of now I could go to Jan 1 2003, then go to monthly chart, then go ahead (the programs does something, the shift takes its time), then switch to daily bars...

Even better, would be to also have the option to hide the security name, because those who practice a lot end up knowing what a market did by memory if they know that name.

haley23

#7 Postby haley23 » Tue Oct 22, 2013 5:05 am

Manual trader have more experience of market and they earn better without these software. The FT is more useful for new investor to earn from beginning of their trading.
welcome

shayanjameel08

#8 Postby shayanjameel08 » Tue Oct 22, 2013 6:29 am

The manual improves the Forex trading learning process. It shows how discipline can be maintained. It also explains how the software does back-testing and it demonstrates why algorithms are important.

SurtiTrader

Re: FT not useful for manual traders

#9 Postby SurtiTrader » Tue Jul 21, 2015 11:26 am

Well using FT requires proper knowledge about the Forex trading and currency pairs, also it depends upon the current market situation so before using FT you should analyze the market and then set the application accordingly.

Return to “General Questions about FT”