Please be more professional in FT3 update

Ask general questions about the software
charvo

Please be more professional in FT3 update

#1 Postby charvo » Thu May 25, 2017 4:39 pm

It is usual in majority windows software that when users press 'ESC' on keyboard, the current window/popup/dialog would be exit.

It is so for pressing 'enter', a confirmation is sent to the software.

It is also similar case for many trading platforms that when users press 'del' on keyboard, the selected objects/order would be deleted.

And FT 2 is very mature on these basic issues. These keyboard shortcuts save tons of time in using FT.

So what's preventing you developers to apply these very easy (even dumb) fix on FT 3 updates? it's been out for almost a year now and after 2 or 3 updates, these issues are still here. is that they have been neglected? or simply i'm the 1st user to remind you of them?

In fact, i've presented these issues at least 3 times so far since FT 3 released.

Let me repeat once more, a few examples:
1. when i send an order, a pop-up window would show up for me to input entry and exits, if i press 'ESC' on keyboard, that pop-up window should be gone

2. or when i select a position in position list (highlight it yellow), if i press "DEL' on keyboard, it should be gone.

There are many more windows/objects missing these shortcuts (but available in FT 2).

i don't think i'm the only loyal customer who spots these issues, as you can guess.

Don't get hard feelings for my ranting, since these are your professional tasks to finish.

FX Helper

Re: Please be more professional in FT3 update

#2 Postby FX Helper » Fri May 26, 2017 5:46 am

Hello,

Thank you for the suggestion.

It is in the list of the program improvements so it will be added as soon as our programmers reach this task.

Regarding the "Del" button, for now you can set the "Delete" hot key for the "Close Position" option in the Tools -> Options menu, "Hot keys" tab.

Return to “General Questions about FT”