Forex Tester Time Indicator

Ask general questions about the software
rooigle

Forex Tester Time Indicator

#1 Postby rooigle » Tue May 09, 2017 5:20 am

Hello Forex Tester Communty!

Is there in Forex Tester some way to show in screen exactly the time of the backtest you´re running? For instance, Monday 26/05/2010 15:37:15. It´d be very useful to follow past news of high impact or knowing how much time remains for the current candle to be completed.

I tried the provided indicator called "Time Box" but unfortunately it doesn´t come even close to what I´m looking for.

Thank you very much for your help!

FX Helper

Re: Forex Tester Time Indicator

#2 Postby FX Helper » Wed May 10, 2017 8:41 am

Hello,

You can find the current date and time of testing at the bottom of the program window (this date and time is highlighted in bold).

rooigle

#3 Postby rooigle » Fri May 12, 2017 1:50 am

Thanks for your reply!

As you said I find the date and time at the bottom highlighted in bold when I use the tool "Crosshair pointer" and set it over a candle. However, what I meant is to find something too watch the time at every moment withouth having to select a candle with the "pointer".

For instance, when a test is running and a H4 candle is being formed, how do I know how long is it going to take to be done? With the recomended tool solely I can know what time the candle began and, consequently, finish, but I can´t know if that candle needs 1 or 2 hours more to be completely formed.

Thank you in advance for your ideas!

FX Helper

#4 Postby FX Helper » Fri May 12, 2017 3:51 am

Hello,

You don't need to highlight a candle with a mouse pointer to see the current date and time of testing, it is always shown during testing.

So please click "Start Test" button and you will see the changing date/time at the bottom of the program, it is a current date/time of testing.

So, for example, if you test 1H timeframe and current time at the bottom of the program is 15:43, it means that there are 17 minutes left till the end of the current candle.

rooigle

#5 Postby rooigle » Sat May 13, 2017 5:45 am

I found it!

I didn´t try to find the time during the test because it was an idea that came up whilst I was analyzing the graph and getting them ready for the test.

Thanks a lot for your answer. It was pretty useful!

Return to “General Questions about FT”