Trading multiple pairs simultaneously

Ask general questions about the software
JJLL

Trading multiple pairs simultaneously

#1 Postby JJLL » Fri Feb 17, 2017 4:36 pm

Quick question,
Is there a limit to how many pairs FT3 can test simultaneously?

I currently back test 26 pairs simultaneously. Sadly, I only receive results for 6 pairs. I have a dll for each pair. Each of the 26 work independently. Any combination of 6 out of the 26 works. But to run all at the same time, I have no luck.

Thank You.

FX Helper

Re: Trading multiple pairs simultaneously

#2 Postby FX Helper » Sun Feb 19, 2017 5:37 am

Hello,

As far as i know, there is no limit on the number of the pairs for testing.

You need to download historical data for the same data periods for all necessary pairs, then create a new project for all of them and start a new test.

Does it help?

JJLL

#3 Postby JJLL » Tue Feb 21, 2017 10:21 am

Hello,
Does the project need to be saved after a project was created? In FT 2.9 I would always generate ticks, but never start or save a new project. I simply generated ticks, then ran a new test. Then lastly, save the account history. I'm assuming, but I have to verify. In FT 3, does starting a new project generate ticks?

Or maybe I should ask, in order to generate ticks, do I have to completely start or restart a new project?

Lastly, if starting a new project generates ticks, then if I restart a current project, does FT3 regenerate ticks?

Is there a way to generate ticks without having to start a new project? Sorry for the questions but again. I never used or saved projects in the past, only generated ticks.

Thanks again!

FX Helper

#4 Postby FX Helper » Tue Feb 21, 2017 10:58 am

Hello,

Ticks are generated automatically when you create a new project or load it via File -> Open Project menu.

if you want to continue using your current project you don't need to generate anything, just click "Start Test" button and the project will be continued.

But if you want to switch the project or create a new one then please open another project via File -> Open Project menu or create a new project via "New Project" button and the ticks will be generated automatically.

Return to “General Questions about FT”