Getting swap rates set correctly

Ask general questions about the software
rlj.forex

Getting swap rates set correctly

#1 Postby rlj.forex » Mon Feb 06, 2017 6:07 pm

My FX broker is Tradersway and they are a 5 digit broker (3 digits for JPY). First of all, I changed all the swap rates in my FT Data Center to what my broker charges. But, as I was doing a backtest FT was taking WAY too much swap out. I was using like 0.01 and 0.02 lots and for a trade I had open I was paying $50 or $60 for a swap and I knew something is out of wack.

My FX account is in USD and has 1000:1 leverage and I trade 1000 unit (0.01) lot sizes, sometimes 0.02, 0.03 or 0.04 ... etc. My risk is ~2% on each trade which is approx $60, and in my Tradersway demo, I can have a trade open on EURUSD for 5 days, for example, and I only pay a few $ in swap ( like $1.50) or some similar amount. So, I need to get the properties in my FT set correctly.

I found this post from another thread a while back:

FX Helper wrote:If you set Digits after point=5, Swap long=-0.1100, Swap short=0.0400 then Swap value will start from 0.4 USD.

If you set Digits after point=6, Swap long=-0.1100, Swap short=0.0400 then Swap value will start from 0.04 USD.

So please set necessary Digits after point value and you will have proper swap values.

Do not forger to re-generate ticks after you change symbol properties so you can see these new settings in Testing Mode.

However, I am confused because I am using the Forexite free 1 min data which is a 4 digit broker (2 digit JPY) in FT to backtest with.

Thanks in advance if someone could shed some light on this issue for me.

FX Helper

Re: Getting swap rates set correctly

#2 Postby FX Helper » Tue Feb 07, 2017 5:37 am

Hello

Please set Digits after point=5 (=3 if you test -JPY) pips in the properties of the currency pair in the Data Center window.
You need to select necessary pair, click "Change properties" button and change "Digits after point" value there, also set the same swap levels as you have on the broker platform.
And change leverage to 1000:1 and decrease "Lot size" value if necessary.

Then create a new project, start a new test and try to place a new orders, everything should be OK now.

Return to “General Questions about FT”