How to recover from stupid mistakes?

Ask general questions about the software
b4gt

How to recover from stupid mistakes?

#1 Postby b4gt » Tue Jul 13, 2010 4:09 pm

I am trying to learn how to program for forex tester. Some times I install dlls that have problems like for example endless loops. To recover this I just do a force quit of forex tester, delete that dll and the according opt file from the Indicators folder. After this I try to run again the software. If it runs then fine. If it doesn't run I logout from my windows session and log in again. After that it works.

But there are times when even a full restart doesn't work. I tried to clean my Temp folder, I tried to check with Process explorer to kill Forex Tester. Nothing can bring it back. The only solution seems to completely uninstall it and install it again. Is there any way to avoid this?

FT Support

#2 Postby FT Support » Sun Jul 18, 2010 5:29 am

Hello,

Please also try to delete options.dat file form Forex Tester root folder and "desktop.dat" files from "data\EditMode" and "data\TestingMode" folders
Check our other product here:
http://www.forexcopier.com

Terranin
Site Admin

Re: How to recover from stupid mistakes?

#3 Postby Terranin » Sun Jul 18, 2010 11:31 am

b4gt wrote:I am trying to learn how to program for forex tester. Some times I install dlls that have problems like for example endless loops. To recover this I just do a force quit of forex tester, delete that dll and the according opt file from the Indicators folder. After this I try to run again the software. If it runs then fine. If it doesn't run I logout from my windows session and log in again. After that it works.

But there are times when even a full restart doesn't work. I tried to clean my Temp folder, I tried to check with Process explorer to kill Forex Tester. Nothing can bring it back. The only solution seems to completely uninstall it and install it again. Is there any way to avoid this?

Forext Tester works with indicators in this way - when you add an indicator to chart, it copies and renames dll file to a folder data\<mode>\<symbol>\<timeframe>\ , for example data\EditMode\USDJPY\15\0013402343.dll

So, you need to go there and delete all *.dll, *.idx and *.opt files from there too. You do not need to logout or restart computer.
Hasta la vista
Mike

b4gt

#4 Postby b4gt » Sun Jul 18, 2010 11:45 am

Thank you both. That is very helpful.

Return to “General Questions about FT”