Symbol Properties Dialog

Ask general questions about the software
Pravah

Symbol Properties Dialog

#1 Postby Pravah » Tue Oct 06, 2009 8:05 am

Hi Mike,

Thanks for a great program.

I have some questions on the "Symbol Properties" dialog which I would be grateful if you would answer.

1. Are not the base currency (the first currency listed in a pair) and the lot currency the same? It seems not since we must enter a currency for both. How are these two assignments used by the program?

2. We need to specify the margin currency. Is this not always the second currency in the pair?

3. How is margin and profit/loss determined for the account/profit chart if the quote currency is not in USD?

4. How do "Digits after point" and "Minimal point" differ? I would have thought that if the "digits after point" was 4 this would mean that the "minimal point" would have to be 0.0001. How could it be otherwise?

Thanks for addressing all these. I know it's quite a bit but I'm sure the answers will be of benefit to many going forward.

Regards

Pravah

Terranin
Site Admin

Re: Symbol Properties Dialog

#2 Postby Terranin » Tue Oct 06, 2009 8:38 am

Pravah wrote:Hi Mike,

Thanks for a great program.

I have some questions on the "Symbol Properties" dialog which I would be grateful if you would answer.

1. Are not the base currency (the first currency listed in a pair) and the lot currency the same? It seems not since we must enter a currency for both. How are these two assignments used by the program?

2. We need to specify the margin currency. Is this not always the second currency in the pair?

3. How is margin and profit/loss determined for the account/profit chart if the quote currency is not in USD?

4. How do "Digits after point" and "Minimal point" differ? I would have thought that if the "digits after point" was 4 this would mean that the "minimal point" would have to be 0.0001. How could it be otherwise?

Thanks for addressing all these. I know it's quite a bit but I'm sure the answers will be of benefit to many going forward.

Regards

Pravah

1. It will be used to test other symbols, not only currency pairs. But when you enter currency name - they are filled automatically.

2. It is not a second, usually it is first. Or USD, depends on broker.

3. Program uses current currency rates to convert it to USD (from generated ticks). Or, if they are not available it uses internal table with fixed values.

4. They do not differ, if you set digits after point other parameter will be recalculated. Just for info.
Hasta la vista
Mike

Pravah

Re: Symbol Properties Dialog

#3 Postby Pravah » Tue Oct 06, 2009 8:48 pm

Excellent. Thanks for your prompt response. Customer service that's second to none!

Regards

Pravah

Return to “General Questions about FT”