Quickly Switching Instruments

Ask general questions about the software
nisiwi

Quickly Switching Instruments

#1 Postby nisiwi » Thu Dec 15, 2016 11:32 am

The performance improvements in FXT3 are good, however I'm still struggling to find out how I can speed up the process of creating projects based on other projects.

In order to keep testing performance high I only include / download data relevant for the project I'm working on - and a project is typically dedicated to a single instrument - does this make sense ?

I use exactly the same configuration for each project so initially I saved this as a Desktop file, think I could just reuse it on each project, however I found that this was still associated with the symbol.
As this is an XML file I did a quick find and replace to generate a new desktop with the same layout for a different symbol so a started a new project and then applied the new desktop - all seems to work.
I then just need to download the relevant data for that project.

So my question is am I approaching this in the most optimal way or is there a faster way of switching instruments using the same desktop/chart layout and with different data ?

nisiwi

Re: Quickly Switching Instruments

#2 Postby nisiwi » Thu Dec 15, 2016 11:36 am

Just realised that I could also replicate the project folder and do a search and replace to switch instruments - which seems a faster approach.

FX Helper

#3 Postby FX Helper » Fri Dec 16, 2016 4:26 am

Hello,

I think, the fastest way is to copy and paste the project's folder and then change the currency name in the text files, this shouldn't take much time to do.

11b3Lv13

#4 Postby 11b3Lv13 » Tue Dec 27, 2016 12:43 am

FX Helper wrote:Hello,

I think, the fastest way is to copy and paste the project's folder and then change the currency name in the text files, this shouldn't take much time to do.

This is quiet a tedious process, would it not be easier to code a prompt into the application that requests the currency pair that you wish to transplant so to speak...? and then the code makes the necessary changed on the cloned Project?

I tried to change the currency names in the Desktop.dat and Settings.dat files and it looked like it was going to work, BUT then... I got this...

FX Helper

#5 Postby FX Helper » Tue Dec 27, 2016 4:40 am

Hello,

Please download more data for this currency pair, the project can't be loaded if you don't have enough data for this pair.

This should help.

Return to “General Questions about FT”