A few simple questoins, but one very important.

Ask general questions about the software
JJLL

A few simple questoins, but one very important.

#1 Postby JJLL » Fri Dec 09, 2016 1:58 pm

I've been using FT3 for a few weeks now and notice some slight differences between the two versions. I have some questions that are pretty simple. Such as:

How can I change an accounts initiall deposit without having to start a new project? In v.2.9, I could go to tools > options then change the amount. Now I can only find the setting to change the amount if I start a new project. Is there a way to edit the initial deposit without starting a new project?

When I export the account history to an excel spreadsheet. I see two features that are not shown in the account history. Those features are Max Equity and Min Equity. Is there a way to have these two added/removed from the account history?

Why should I download both 1-minute and tick history instead of just only tick history?

Why is the maximum initial deposit only 10 million? In v 3.0, this limitation makes this issue - viewtopic.php?f=4&t=4975 more of a problem.

The following is my most important question:

Is there way that I can generate ticks without having to start a New Project?

In v2.9 I was able to generate ticks, then quickly run a test. Now, in v3.0 I must start a new project every time I want to generate ticks. Then I can run a new test. Often I won't start a new/save a project until all of my variables are correct. It would be great to be able to simply regenerate ticks and run a test without starting project. Is this possible?

Thanks again.

FX Helper

Re: A few simple questoins, but one very important.

#2 Postby FX Helper » Sun Dec 11, 2016 7:57 am

Hello,

You can't change the initial deposit in the current project, you can change it via the Orders -> Deposit money or Orders -> Withdraw money menu.
You can also edit the project's file manually, visit the <ForexTester3>\Projects\<name of project> folder, open the settings.dat file and change the value of deposit field.

No, sorry, Account history doesn't have an option to show these values in the current version, they are probably will be added later.

You can download only tick history if you test only tick data with floating spread.

Ok, I will ask our programmers to increase the max initial balance in the new FT3 build.

You can just click "Restart project" button to start the current test from the beginning, in this case you don't need to create a new project.

Return to “General Questions about FT”