Symbol Properties settings and History Test Options

Ask general questions about the software
whatseesaw

Symbol Properties settings and History Test Options

#1 Postby whatseesaw » Mon Aug 15, 2016 6:29 am

Hello, I just bought FT2 a couple of weeks ago and have only just got round to using it to backtest EURUSD. In preparing to backtest, I have a few queries.
1. I noticed in Symbol Properties that the default is EUR for both Base and Lot (which is presumably Quote) currencies. Surely the Lot currency should be in USD, isn't it? Will my results be erroneous if I just use the default?
2. Again in Symbol Properties, the Spread can only specified in whole numbers but my broker's spread is 0.6.
3. Then there is Margin currency, which is EUR by default, however, I am a UK based trader with a UK broker. Should I change this to GBP? This leads me to the question of Swap Long and Short, which presumably is relevant to Margin currency (please correct me if my assumption here is wrong).
4. Finally, in History Test Options, the Initial Deposit is in USD. Again as a UK based trader, can this not be specified in GBP?
Any guidance would be much appreciated as I am keen to get testing. Many thanks in advance.

FX Helper

Re: Symbol Properties settings and History Test Options

#2 Postby FX Helper » Mon Aug 15, 2016 9:32 am

Hello,

1. Just leave default values, our software uses USD for all pairs.
2. You need to increase the "Digits after point" value by 1 (5 instead of 4, for example) and set Spread=6.
3. Leave the default value for Margin currency too.
4. Sorry, but you can't change the currency of the initial deposit, it is always calculated in USD.

Return to “General Questions about FT”