HELP PLEASE - Why can't I get this right

Frequently Asked Questions
Eurodavid

HELP PLEASE - Why can't I get this right

#1 Postby Eurodavid » Sat Jan 31, 2015 8:24 am

Ok, so here is my story, I have purchased VIP data pack, loaded the data, generated ticks, created a template, from 4 EMA's only 2 are showing (not sure why). Of course I would have to create template for each and every TF, which is pretty annoying especial since this has been a known issue for many, many years.

Now,
1.) looking at the data window, no symbols, no bid, no ask....... not sure why. Therefore after I have deleted some of the default charts (the ones that pop up, when you first open FT 2), there is no way to add new charts, since Data window is empty.
2.) Let's test, click on test .... black screen "NO DATA (Start new test)'

Anyone help please!
Attachments
Capture.JPG
NO DATA
Capture.JPG (100 KiB) Viewed 32174 times

FX Helper

Re: HELP PLEASE - Why can't I get this right

#2 Postby FX Helper » Tue Feb 03, 2015 9:09 am

Hello,

If you started a test and the chart is still empty then probably you have different data periods for different symbols. For example, you may have data for AUDUSD starting from 01.01.2001 and data for GBPUSD starting from 01.01.2002, in this case when you start a test GBPUSD chart will be empty until the testing date reaches 01.01.2002.

Please switch to History Mode, open Data Center window, click on necessary pair and check what start date you see for your data (you can see start and enda dates under the green bar when selecting necessary pair in Data Center).
If you have diffenret start dates then please download data for the pairs which you have less data for. Then re-generate ticks.

Or please start a test from the date where you have data for all pairs (select "Define first date to start" after you click "Start Test").

KarenO

#3 Postby KarenO » Sat Feb 20, 2016 11:16 pm

Hello can someone please help
1. I can't seem get other charts to work in the testing mode with FT2 http://my.jetscreenshot.com/demo/20160221-ecg8-400kb
I've downloaded the data in the data centre and updated all the basic charts that you provide. The only one showing in my dropdown box is xauusd

2. I've tried to insert indicators and they don't appear on the chart either - have left the timeframes at 15m on both the indicators and the chart

Any help would be appreciated. Thank Karen

FX Helper

#4 Postby FX Helper » Tue Feb 23, 2016 8:04 am

Hello,

If you want to test a few currency pairs in the Forex Tester program you need to generate ticks for these pairs at the same time.
Please switch to History Mode, open the Data Center window, click "Generate ticks", in appeared window activate all necessary pairs and click "Generate".
Then switch to Testing Mode and add a new charts via File -> Add New Chart menu.

Regarding the indicators, you can add them via File -> Install -> Install New indicator menu.
After this, they will be in the list in Insert -> Add Indicator menu.
When you just add a new indicator, it will be the last in the list until you restart the software.

Return to “FAQ”