New to Forex Tester and Cannot Figure Out How to Run Test

Frequently Asked Questions
trailbill

New to Forex Tester and Cannot Figure Out How to Run Test

#1 Postby trailbill » Wed Apr 23, 2014 6:31 pm

I am new to Forex Tester and I am trying to set up a basic test (for instance a buy and sell on closing price crossing an MA) just to understand how the system works.

I have downloaded the data, generated ticks, and added indicators onto my screen. I cannot figure out how/when in the process I tell the computer when to buy and sell the currency based on some indicator. I assume this is where the statistics on a test would be generated from. Should running the test be automated or do I manually enter each buy and sell? I apologize if this question seems elementary but I just need a little guidance to get up to speed!

Thanks
Bill

FX Helper

Re: New to Forex Tester and Cannot Figure Out How to Run Tes

#2 Postby FX Helper » Thu Apr 24, 2014 3:17 am

Hello Bill,

Indicators can't open orders by themselves. They can only draw lines, figures etc. and advise you when you need to opend an order. So you need to open orders by yourself.

If you need automated trading you need to use strategies.

trailbill

#3 Postby trailbill » Thu Apr 24, 2014 8:15 am

Thanks for the information that's very helpful!! Is learning the programming code required to make a strategy?

FX Helper

#4 Postby FX Helper » Fri Apr 25, 2014 2:29 am

Hello,

We provide Delphi and C++ API (you can find all necessary files in <Forex Tester>\Examples folder) for scripts, indicators and strategies so if you have programming skills you can create a strategy for Forex Tester.

Also we can find a programmer who can create a strategy for you, just let us know.

trailbill

#5 Postby trailbill » Fri Apr 25, 2014 8:02 am

Thank you. This was really helpful.

Return to “FAQ”