Trend lines move during the test

Bug reports and errors in the program
detecnico

Trend lines move during the test

#1 Postby detecnico » Thu May 05, 2016 4:26 am

Hello,
I was looking information about this matter and I didn't find anything about it. I don't know if the answer is solved yet.

The question is, I draw trend lines and during the test, the lines change the position, and after a while, them come back to their positions.

Why does it happen?, Is it a bug?

Many thanks,

David.

FX Helper

Re: Trend lines move during the test

#2 Postby FX Helper » Thu May 05, 2016 9:01 am

Hello David,

Trend lines could be shifted in only one case - when the right end of the line is out of chart and there is no candles. In this case when it happens on the weekends or history holes it could be moved when new candle created.
I can recommend to use rays where 2 base points are inside the chart. In this case everything should work properly.

For example, let’s say you place line on the daily chart as you think on the highest point. The time of the end will be rounded today, hour 0, minute 0. Then you go to 15 timeframe and see that it is shifted from its highest value - this is because line end is still on the hour 0, minute 0, but your highest value now has time hour 4, minute 45. If you correct your line and now it has the time value hour 4, minute 45 - it will be shown correctly on both timeframes. But when we draw line on the daily charts we do not have information about where you want to put this line inside the day (which hour and minute)... This information could be found on smaller timeframes.

Please see detailed info on our forum: http://forextester.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=1111

Return to “Bug reports”