FT2 crashing when generating ticks

Bug reports and errors in the program
bagwort

FT2 crashing when generating ticks

#1 Postby bagwort » Sun Sep 08, 2013 12:26 am

I purchased a subscription so I could have volume data and when I choose generate ticks randomly by real volume, it takes a long time to generate ticks for a few years of data and then crashes. I checked twice and it seems that the program generates an error and has to be shut down when the dat file in the data/ticks folder reaches a size of 4,194,289 KB as reported by Windows Explorer in Windows 8.

Actually, I don't want random ticks; I just want volume. It seems the volume is always flat when I use generate ticks by OHLC. It would be better for me if you could choose generate ticks by OHLC and the volume be reported as the volume in the data feed, not just 4 ticks per minute.

(Don't tell me volume is irrelevant in Forex [which is a matter of opinion] because that's not what this post is about. It's about FT2, which includes a function to report volume.)

FX Helper

#2 Postby FX Helper » Mon Sep 09, 2013 9:44 am

Hello,

We can recommend you to generate ticks for the smaller time period, this can help you.

bagwort

Indeed

#3 Postby bagwort » Tue Sep 10, 2013 2:53 am

That's what I am doing. Anyway, there's a couple of points for you to keep in mind for future versions of FT2.

jony33

Re: FT2 crashing when generating ticks

#4 Postby jony33 » Tue Oct 14, 2014 12:27 am

Actually, I don't want random ticks; I just want volume. It seems the volume is always flat when I use generate ticks by OHLC. It would be better for me if you could choose generate ticks by OHLC and the volume be reported as the volume in the data feed, not just 4 ticks per minute.
Mohsin

FX Helper

Re: FT2 crashing when generating ticks

#5 Postby FX Helper » Tue Oct 14, 2014 8:10 am

Hello,

You can generate ticks randomly by real volume or by Open/High/Low/Close values. In any case you will have the same Open/High/Low/Close inside the bar.
If you generate ticks randomly by real volume you will have bigger amount of ticks inside the bar (the same volume as in your data feed).

Return to “Bug reports”