Trailing Stop Loss Bug

Bug reports and errors in the program
Brett

Trailing Stop Loss Bug

#1 Postby Brett » Wed Nov 18, 2009 8:57 pm

I've noticed that there is a problem with Forex Tester 2's Trailing Stop Loss feature when the Order Window's "Trailing stop/Activate on" is set to "Immidiately" (BTW "Immidiately" is a typo in the Order Window. It should be spelled "Immediately"). I tried searching the forum for any reports of this bug and could not find any (which surprised me), so here's my report:

When a Market Order is filled, the Trailing Stop for the Open Position should be equal to the Fill Price +/- the "Trailing stop, points". Instead Forex Tester 2 will set the Trailing Stop to an incorrect value equal to the Fill Price +/- some multiple of the "Step of change, points".

The same thing will happen to Pending Orders when they are filled except in the case where 2 specific conditions are met:
1. The Pending Order was placed with a "Trailing stop, points" value that is a multiple of the "Step of change, points".
2. The Pending Order is the last order that gets filled on a single tick.

When both of these conditions are true, the resulting Stop Loss for the filled order will be set to the correct value. Otherwise, the Stop Loss of the filled Pending Order will be set to an incorrect value in the same way that it is for Market Orders.

Example:

Place 16 Pending Orders with:
Currency Pair Spread = 2
The same Sell Stop "At Price" (1.0000),
"Trailing stop/Activate on" set to "Immidiately",
"Trailing stop/Parameters/Trailing stop, points" set to "16".

For each of these orders (1 through 16), set the "Trailing stop/Parameters/Step of change, points" to the values "1" through "16".

Place a 17th Pending Order, identical to the 16th.

In "Pause Mode" click the "Step by single tick" button until the Sell Stop "At Price" is reached and the 17 Sell Stop orders are all filled at once.

All of the resulting filled orders should have a Stop Loss value of 1.0016, but only the 17th order's Stop Loss is correct. If the 17th Pending Order's "Step of change, points" is set to 1, 2, 4, 8 or 16, the resulting Stop Loss will be set correctly to 1.0016 because the 2 specific conditions, described above, are true in this case:
1. The "Trailing stop, points" (16) is a multiple of each of the "Step of change, points" (1, 2, 4, 8, 16) AND
2. The 17th Pending Order is the last order that gets filled on the single tick down from 1.0001 to 1.0000.

Here are the results of all 17 orders:

Hope this helps debugging (if it's not already fixed)!
Attachments
FT2 TSL Test.JPG
Currency Pair Spread = 2
SL = Stop Loss
FP = Fill Price = 1.0000
SOCP = Step of change, points
TSP = Trailing stop, points = 16
FT2 TSL Test.JPG (37.64 KiB) Viewed 7987 times

FT Support

#2 Postby FT Support » Sun Nov 22, 2009 4:56 pm

Hello Brett!

Thank you for the bug report!

It seems that we've fixed it. The fix will be available in Forex Tester 2.4 (coming soon).

dackjaniels

#3 Postby dackjaniels » Mon Mar 22, 2010 5:56 pm

Hi,

Was the above issue fixed?

I too seem to be having similar problems when using the 'Immediately' option with a pending order.

I am using FT2 V 2.4.2 (30.11.2009)

Thanks.

m_cat12

#4 Postby m_cat12 » Fri Aug 06, 2010 11:12 am

I second this question: Has the trailing stop issue been fixed???

FT Support

#5 Postby FT Support » Sat Aug 07, 2010 2:48 am

Yes, this issue has been fixed, please let us know if you still can reproduce it on Forex Tester 2.5. or above.
Check our other product here:
http://www.forexcopier.com

Return to “Bug reports”