Profit not updating during testing properly

Bug reports and errors in the program
boa

Profit not updating during testing properly

#1 Postby boa » Sat Jan 24, 2009 6:22 pm

Appologies if this is old news Terranin , but while in Testing Mode, when stepping through the chart with the spacebar and backspace key the profit results are a step behind when you change direction (From forwards to backwards in time and vice versa) .

,B :)

P.S. Is the ability to close partial positions still on the cards to be done? This is the big feature for me. It's too slow opening two orders on the older version all the time to allow a partial take profit.

Terranin
Site Admin

Re: Profit not updating during testing properly

#2 Postby Terranin » Mon Jan 26, 2009 4:02 pm

boa wrote:Appologies if this is old news Terranin , but while in Testing Mode, when stepping through the chart with the spacebar and backspace key the profit results are a step behind when you change direction (From forwards to backwards in time and vice versa) .

P.S. Is the ability to close partial positions still on the cards to be done? This is the big feature for me. It's too slow opening two orders on the older version all the time to allow a partial take profit.

Thanks, fixed.

Partial positions are not on the list for now. Require too many changes. Maybe in next releases.
Hasta la vista
Mike

boa

Re: Profit not updating during testing properly

#3 Postby boa » Mon Jan 26, 2009 10:26 pm

Terranin wrote:
boa wrote:Appologies if this is old news Terranin , but while in Testing Mode, when stepping through the chart with the spacebar and backspace key the profit results are a step behind when you change direction (From forwards to backwards in time and vice versa) .

Thanks, fixed.

Partial positions are not on the list for now. Require too many changes. Maybe in next releases.

OK. I understand.

Just had an alternate idea... :)

Instead of changing the whole system to allow partial closes, how about an option in the Order box to create split/copied orders to begin with.
Should take very little programming as you know. i.e. "Split order into... Y ...parts" or similar. (if ,of course the Lot size is large enough to be divided)
If doesn't have to crowd the order box if you like. Can be in an "advanced" tab or something.
You already had the "Duplicate order" function to work with here. It's just done automatically according to the users preferences.

Anything that makes it more convenient for the many of us who manage our trades in parts. I think you'll find there a many users who will love you for this. :D

Dominik

#4 Postby Dominik » Thu Apr 16, 2009 10:06 am

Hi boa,

the ability to partially close positions was a main reason for me to upgrade to FT2. Mike had it on his list for features he would include into Version 2 (somwhere here in the forum, I don´t know exactly where).
For the time being I will use my old "trick", i. e.:
- in the market oder window select a lot size that is a fraction of your desired target lot size (e. g. 0.2 if you target a full lot)
- then you can quickly place multiple orders by simply alternating between hitting "F2" and clicking "Buy" or "Sell". The window/buttons appear always at the same place so that the "F2"-->"Click" process works really fast.

That was what helped me. Although it is psychologically not the same as placing a single order and I keep waiting for the "partial close" feature...

Dominik.

P. S.: anyway, other beautiful features make the upgrade to FT2 worthwhile... :)

Return to “Bug reports”